Home

Jedi Acadamy 2

darth dragon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well any way Kaan training is still on so inform Val. We might have some other people but that is temporary until the JA is up and running fully. But my attention will be focused on you two. Any way trying to arrange another fight (differemt contestants of course, but kaan can fight if he wants) Just had a great i dae so bye and see you all soon.

::deathstar :deathstar :deathstar :deathstar :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar: :vadar:

Hey...When will i be able to apply to the academy as a student? Is it ever going to be finished, or will i have to whore myself out as a padawan on some obscure forum thread? :eek: I'd like to be trained a lot, even though i'm not a total noob.

Heya Academy guys, I haven't read the entirety of this thread but I noticed (from your site and here) that you're backed up on apps. I don't know how your current system is set up regarding PHP and MySQL but you could:

Auto-send an email when a subbmission has been made, so people at least know that their form was proccessed.

Organize by date recieved. (Or, if you want to see the oldest first just use a SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY id ASC

query and it should list from the first submitted.)

You could also use a web-page to browse through the submissions and have another page that let's you view each applicants information. And on that page have a drop down list that lets you select Approved, NOTSET or Denied and a submit button. Then, once a change has been made and submitted send out an email informing the user of that change.

And, to ease the applicants mind you could also have a "view my status" page in which they could change their information or see if their request has been viewed yet. (But, if you do the email thing you won't really need to do this)

To send mail with PHP use:

mail(to,subject,message,headers);

So right after they've submitted something you could have:

mail($theiremail,"Your Academy Application","Has been recieved");

Just stick that after the info is put into the db and the email should be sent.

Originally posted by NoodlyGod

Heya Academy guys, I haven't read the entirety of this thread but I noticed (from your site and here) that you're backed up on apps. I don't know how your current system is set up regarding PHP and MySQL but you could:

Auto-send an email when a subbmission has been made, so people at least know that their form was proccessed.

Organize by date recieved. (Or, if you want to see the oldest first just use a SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY id ASC

query and it should list from the first submitted.)

You could also use a web-page to browse through the submissions and have another page that let's you view each applicants information. And on that page have a drop down list that lets you select Approved, NOTSET or Denied and a submit button. Then, once a change has been made and submitted send out an email informing the user of that change.

And, to ease the applicants mind you could also have a "view my status" page in which they could change their information or see if their request has been viewed yet. (But, if you do the email thing you won't really need to do this)

To send mail with PHP use:

mail(to,subject,message,headers);

So right after they've submitted something you could have:

mail($theiremail,"Your Academy Application","Has been recieved");

Just stick that after the info is put into the db and the email should be sent.

It's in the works.. it's on my "to do" list in fact! yey!

Dragon,

The server ip's are located on the server page once you login to the JA... although I can't ever find one after entering the server IP's. Classes are open in that they are first come, first serve, unlike what was advertised originally.

Trainers are whoever you can get to help you that is on while you are. Not a very organized setup IMHO. If you want to learn, find a Clan you fit into and learn from doing.

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Dragon,

The server ip's are located on the server page once you login to the JA... although I can't ever find one after entering the server IP's. Classes are open in that they are first come, first serve, unlike what was advertised originally.

Trainers are whoever you can get to help you that is on while you are. Not a very organized setup IMHO. If you want to learn, find a Clan you fit into and learn from doing.

We're working on that whole organization thing. :) Ppl are learning though hehe.

Originally posted by UseTheForce

...... been 5 days, still no map...... should I resend the PM or something?

--Edit--

Jesus christ, I always open mouth at the worst times. Sorry, read the update on the website, disregard the above.

Sorry for not getting your PM. I believe I'm supposed to be emailed when I get one from now on. And for those listening out there you can get off our site. Check the news post referring to the map. :)

Thanks for the help kaan sorry i didnot make it but time seems to fly by and my *****ing server is always cutting me off plus i have just had Broadband installed and that took a frw weeks seeing as the arseho*s who did it can't even find there own arse without a map let alone a socket.

Archived