Home

Need Shader Assistance For Aayla Secura Skin!!!!

HapSlash

I'm so close to having this done it's not funny,... really not funny.

I've only come across one hitch, I need to have a transparency shader file done so I can finish the skirt. Only everything I've done hasn't worked. I'm sure that my alpha channeled tga is correct. Now all I need is the correct script.

Can anyone help me? Here's a couple of pics showing what I'm trying to achieve and what I've messed up. The in-game pic is an unfinished skin, still trying to work out the bugs with the transparencies first.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/aayla-final.jpg

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/shot0001.jpg

Here's what i have for the shader script.

models/players/twilek/drape

{

qer_editorimage models/players/twilek/drape

surfaceparm metalsteps

q3map_nolightmap

q3map_onlyvertexlighting

{

map models/players/twilek/drape

alphaFunc LT128

blendFunc GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_ALPHA

rgbGen identity

}

{

map $lightmap

blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR

}

}

I've looked through a few tutorials that have been no help, and am very near to just giving up at this point. Need help, need it bad.

:rolleyes: He didn't say it was Aayla. It's a SKIN FOR the Aayla Secura model...

Now, Hapslash, I'm NOT a modeler, but this is the shader I use for simple alphamapped textures in maps... I don't see why it shouldn't work for you:

models/players/twilek/drape

{

surfaceparm trans

cull disable

{

blendfunc blend

rgbGen identity

depthWrite

alphaFunc GT0

}

{

map $lightmap

blendfunc filter

rgbGen identity

tcGen lightmap

depthFunc equal

}

}

That *should* work. I hope it does. Nice lookin' model ya got there. ;)

Hapslash. I figured it out. You don't need a second stage! Sorry.

I have tryied and it works... just change the names and make sure you have yout TGA correct. don't use shadered for now.

models/players/sirrya/sirrya_drape

{

qer_editorimage models/players/sirrya/sirrya_drape

q3map_nolightmap

q3map_onlyvertexlighting

{

map models/players/sirrya/sirrya_drape

alphaFunc LT128

blendFunc GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_ALPHA

}

}

MAKE sure you have your tga correct! The first time I did this photoshop dind't save the alpha channel correct. Make sure all of your channel are visible when you save, including the ALPHA channel.

EETSCHULA, grow up. I hope you made better posts than that out of your 3000 posts

I'VE DONE IT!!! I'VE DONE IT!!!

AHH,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HAAAA!!!!!

I had already banged my head against the wall repeatedly, and was getting ready to shove it through a plate glass window when I finnaly did it.

I had tried creating the alpha channel in photoshop dozens of times, following the tutorials and such strictly to the letter, and nothing worked.

Needless to say this frustrated the hell outta me.

Then I stumbled apon something so simple it was mind boggling,... All I had to do was open the image in Micrografx select what i didn't want to show up with a mask, and save it. No alpha channel bullcrap, no changing unwanted areas to the color black, nothing.

This just reiterates my feelings on image editors. Photoshop, quite simply,... sucks. Nothing beats Micrografx, it's the easiest most user-friendly editor I've ever come accross. And it's fairly cheep too.

AND NOW I'D LIKE TO THANK THOSE WHO HELPED ME ON THE SHADER SCRIPT,...

Guess that just means you Nano,... thanks! If it wasn't for you I'd either be pulling shards of glass out of my head or pickin' my brains up with a mop.

and also thanks to Cmdr. Antilles and Darkhold X for at least trying.

Off-topic:

I apologize for my ignorance, but the way I took the thread title was that you were making an Aayla Secura skin and needed help shading it.

I also apologize for interjecting my comments and apologies in this thread. :)

Archived