Home

is it possible to switch luke and kyle in sp?

ronbrothers

I have successfully been able to convert all of the npc's and play them as single player characters. But one thing I have not been able to do is switch Luke and Kyle. I'm trying to play as Luke (done that) and make Kyle a npc as Luke. This should be simple, but when "Luke as Kyle" is spawned into a sp level, the textures are all out of whack. Kyle's face and luke's are blended and the rest of him is a muddy mess of kyle's clothes. What am I doing wrong here?

I know that. You can sp and anything... including the mine monster. What I'm trying to do is get the kyle skins to work on the luke model. It's gotta be something I'm doing wrong with the luke replacement. I've tried other skins such as the ep2anakin on luke and I get the same bad results. This only seems to be true of the luke model.

i was messing around with skins just today and i used the reborn skin on the jedi model but kept the jedis pants. then i decided to give him lukes face but i noticed the face texture was all messed up, kind of like the same problem you had. i dont know why it did this.

Ok, I'm still new at this, but I put together a mod which successfully switches Luke and Kyle.

To make this, basically extract (using winrar or zip) the models/players/ luke and kyle folders and the sound/chars/luke(and)kyle/misc folders from assets0 and 1, respectively. For both the sound and player folders, switch the names - change luke to kyle and vice versa.

That essentially does it. I threw in a modified npcs.cfg, with kyle's lightsaber changed to green and luke's to blue. Of course the single player character (luke) will always start out with a blue saber, but with this modification it will appear green in cutscenes. Likewise kyle (actually a sort of skinned luke) will have a blue saber in cutscenes and when he is spawned ("npc spawn luke"). I didn't change luke's attributes in npcs.cfg to match kyle's... so actually a spawned kyle will act like a spawned luke... whatever - luke's AI rocks.

So, your pk3 should look like:

ext_data\npcs.cfg(modified)

models\players\kyle (actually luke from assets0)

models\players\luke (actually kyle from assets0)

sound\chars\kyle\misc (actually luke's sounds from assets1)

sound\chars\luke\misc (actually kyle's sounds from assets1)

Note: the altered npcs.cfg will supersede any altered npcs.cfg of a mod in the \base folder whose name precedes it alphabetically. Use accordingly.

I don't have any space to host this mod, but get me your email and I'll send it to you. Or if someone wants to host or post it, that's cool too.

I hope it works for you.

Thanks, drjimmy515. I meant to reply sooner, but I got frustrated and forgot about this for a while. And yesterday, I finally discovered what I had done wrong. I had a stray pk3 file still in my directory that I had downloaded somewhere. It wasn't supposed to affect Luke. I'm not even sure which one it was. But I removed all of the skin files that I wasn't using and I've been able to switch Luke with most every character that I've tried.

Thanks for your help, though!!

Archived