Home

Big Time Lamers

jedialphaknight

I don't know if you guys like jedioutcastmaps.com, but my friend who runs it just informed me that they got shutdown......thanks to massassi.net.

They had two maps, duel_hoth, and ctf_bespintowers on their site, and even tho they spammed and didn't write any emails asking to take down the files, they still took off duel_hoth becuz it says massassi.net exclusive in the read me....but it doesn't say that for bespin towers, soooooo massassi.net actually emailed jedioutcastmaps.com's hosting company and told them to shut down their server, and they did so.

What's funny about this is how they took down duel_hoth thanks to massassi.net spamming their ranking and download scripts and sooo one file left, and that is ctf_bespintowers and if you read the readme for that it says exclusive no where, and nothinga bout distribution.

they should be back up soon though.

THANKS MASSASSI.NET!

Like I said on the post I did 10 mins ago, Massassi.net sucks.

And for that person who called my thread an immature one, go to hell, because it is proven fact that massassi.net sucks, even before this incident. Period.

Weeeell, for no reason other than I'd rather drag this out of my kamino thread and into the public eye, I will paste this...

<rant>Everyone knows that all the mappers from Massassi are just pissy that there hasn't been a Jedi Knight game in five years. They've all been sitting over there stewing and now that want to unleash their hatred upon the rest of the communities. I, for one, don't care for it. The Massassi community is dying as no new people want to go over because it's such a highly unfriendly atmosphere.

Actually, even when the original JK was "the game to play" they were pretty hateful anyway. I suppose that's just the people they attract. This is exactly why I never hung out there.

This event just goes to prove that Massassi does not want to be part of the JK2 community. They want to fight some sort of war; they want some sort of bitter rivalry between communities so that they can come out on top.

This is utterly childish and immature behavior on their part, and I for one, cannot believe that Massassi would lower itself to such underhanded tactics.

I hereby propose that no new maps are submitted to Massassi by any mapper in this forum and that you include the following in the Comment section of new map READMEs:

"This map is a "Non-Massassi" exclusive and is not to be hosted, shown, mentioned, or thought about on the plague upon the Internet that is Massassi.net for any reason, or several lawsuits will follow."

:D

Well this is just great. RichDiesal hates me because I offered him constructive criticism on his map, yes I am also making a Kamino map but I only replied to his thread after I read his post over at Massassi:

"Secondly, I would highly encourage a realistic-sized Kamino dueling or FFA map... mine is simply a dueling platform, and specifically designed so in every regard... it is not realistically scaled to any platform in the movie, so by all means, makes a real-sized one with a Slave 1 on it. " - RichDiesal

So I hope at least this personal dislike can be put aside.

As for the dispute with Jedioutcastmaps, yes my map was involved in the dispute, but I didn't expect quite this level of involvement. I certainly didn't expect or want Jedioutcastmaps to get shut down. I've said on their forums, that they can have my map if they want it, although given the reputation I now have they probably won't.

The email to the jedioutcastmaps' host was not sent by a representative of massassi, but rather a massassi visitor acting on his own behalf. I don't agree with his methods, but what's done is done.

What I can't believe is that the entire community is turning against a significant part of it due to the actions of one person, particularly when that person acted essentially alone.

I don't expect this post to help matters, but truth be told Massassi can't afford to be outcast.

Laugh or Leer if you want, that's what I have to say.

why would anyone download from massassi anyways? its impossible to find the right files on thier site, and when you do, half the time they are for JKI. Its also annoying to have to click a link for a screenshot. I think thier site is out of date and should be redone anyways. so far i think jediknightii.net and jedioutcastmaps.com are the best ways to find the files you want.

just my opinion.

It is being redone, for precisely the reasons you've mentioned.

The Massassi scheme was superb for Jedi Knight, I never had a problem finding what I wanted using the search function.

However with the added gameplay types of Jedi Outcast, the entire site is being recoded.

And it does tell you which game each file is for, and I haven't noticed any emails saying "your site sux, here's how to improve it"

Massassi was never meant to be a download site, its an editing site and first and foremost will remain so, we turned to files in the days of JK, because all the other sites shut down. Perhaps Massassi needs to refocus on the editing side of things. This will be easier with the updated site.

Anyway, I came here to explain the jedioutcastmaps incident because of the reasons mentioned above. Personally, I don't think we owe any explanation, since we weren't responsible for the incident. But you got one anyway, because we value preserving what remains of our reputation.

Considering the fact that the only part Massassi played was file host and had nothing to do with this at all, because the entire thing was brought upon by a disgruntled "renegade" acting on his own poor judgement, I'd say that most of this was caused by ignorant idiots spreading misinformation everywhere over something that they have no idea what really happened..

Well, you know how rumors fly... :p

I personally don't like Massassi (mostly because some of the more disgruntled people that hang around its community), but that really is a personal opinion.

I myself will now put down the gauntlet and let it be... all the facts just circumstantially pointed to Detritic and Massassi in general, and I myself did get caught up in the "blame game," trying to find a scapegoat... Massassi was just a convenient target, and I apologize for my contributions to the slander.

Detritic, I still think you should make your map playable. :p There was constructive criticism in that post, it was just layered in hatred (sorry about that). The reason you lag on Yavin and not other maps is because the way that animated sprites were implemented into JK2 was not very efficient and lags everybody... it has nothing to do with raw triangle count.

Your map, with its 33k tris, will still be unplayable on many people's systems (namely mine :p), so that is the problem that I have with it. It does look beautiful in terms of eye candy though, so props to you on that.

And that 2MB skybox of yours takes up 2MB of texture memory on people's graphics card... I mean hell, that's 1/8 of some people's graphics cards here. :) Ease up a bit, hehe.

Originally posted by Divine shadow

For a site that still let's lame losers to post their "awsome" jk maps needs to be shut down. People it's been five years since jk. No respectable gamer plays it any more.

Who are you to judge that.

listen guys its over, and btw this is sergio typing this, I went to massassi.net's forum and firmly apologized for what happened it did happen to be "Duo Maxwell" he is the lamer we should be yelling at. The thing that made it look like it was massassi.net was that it was "ctf_bespintowers.zip" that is what made me say well hey isn't detritic high up in the ranks over in that community? I look, my site is down, why? cuz someone shutdown my server due to "copyright" I mean its one thing if the server just gets overloaded and shutdown but when its due to someone else's fault and all the hassle I went through, pointing fingers was easy.

so to the massassi.net people, again, SORRY.

I hope this blows over.

Sorry Massassi For Flaming Ya (I still dont like ur site tho :D ) I agree that massassi shuld just go back to editing. Leave the other sites to files. 1 Thing to flame though before i go!

BURN Duo Maxwell! BURN HIM! (Or Her :confused: )

I'll Say again i am sorry for flaming!

-Lucko Mabri

p.s-Burn Duo Maxwell :D

i have enjoyed massassi for five years... though i never edited, just dl-ed from the site... i think some of you guys are jumping to the conclusions... anywho, i visit both site, and think that each has its own place in the community, so maybe we should just ease up a bit...

Archived