Home

WIP: Duel Frogger

DividedByZero

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see. Wow, almost to 80 posts, wonder who will get the first post of the next page, not me cause I have to leave soon. I also wonder how many of those 430 views are mine, prolly 30-40 :) Funny/Sad huh? No regrets though, I'm having a blast working on this. I can't wait till thrusday when I can try out my flying model trains :) I just made a buoy prefab too (for the approach lanes). brb later tonight.

Hey, adarin just got his outrider prefab up at

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com

Go get it, and put it in your map somewhere. You could probably have it flying somewhere overhead. That would be nice. Or if you can't, you could have it on a seperate landing platform.

Waaaiiiit.

I just got a great idea!

You could add a landing platform, make the streets wider, and with more cars on them. Keep the duel_frogger one, but rename the modifacations to it ffa_frogger!

That would be sweet. You could add them to the same pk3, and make it a frogger map pack! You could even have a ctf version!

What do ya think, huh? Sound good?! Please do this! Please?!?!?!:D It would be cool!:cool:

:gungan: Mesa stupid!

Like my recent post said, I cannot update till tommorow, you can expect lots of pics then. As to how I'm doing the ships, well I can explain that easily.

On one road, the ships will appear from the tunnel and fly off the map, on the other, they will fly into the map and onto the road (then through the tunnel. I should be able to make one ship go both ways (to minimize the # of ships). I expect to have 6 (maximum).

So far I would like to include:

A Podbot

A Dual Pod

A cloud car (besides the one I have parked on a landing pad)

A YT-1300 (m-falcon) and or YT-2400 (outrider) If I had these they wouldn't be on the road, but flying low.

What I'd really like to have is a bus from ep. 2. The one that padme and anakin ride on. If you make this prefab... I'll be really really really happy, and you'll get your name in my read-me :). (I don't want to waste that bus stop I spent so much time making!)

That's the thing that has the two big engines on the back, right?

And the big passenger compartment hangs below, am I right? Hmm, if so, I may make that...

Show me a picture of what you want, and I may be able to work something out...

:there's no bantha smily either, jk2.net.: *bantha call*

ahh sounds like a cool idea

I'd help but jk2radiant crashes my computer and i've never even successfully opened radiant.

and modeling looks too damn hard! But a coruscant bus would look cool, if its not too big for your roads

No no no, I'm mean the small thing they ride before they got on that huge refugee ship. The thing I'm talking about is small and grey, shapped like a bread loaf (the cockpit was rounded too and in the far back on top of the bus. A very cool looking ship. It's where Anakin and padme and r2 seperate from obi wan and padme's decoy.

Oh, ok. I'll go get a pic or two for reference and see if I can make it for ya. Hey, pud? You like gathering pics, right? Could you find some for me to reference? That would really help. Oh, and where's glass in gtk? I can't seem to find it. I just want the normal clear glass, not the funky spotted glass(know what I'm talking about?)

:no bantha smily either jk2.net: *bantha call*

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bad News: Hard Drive Went psycho, had to reformat.

Really really really good news that totaly makes up for the bad news: I was useing caulk like a n00b. I've restarted the map, and in 2 hours I've re made 80% of my map, and made it better. I kid you not, 80%. And the frame rate just sky rocketed because of my now informed and refined use of the caulk texture. Yay! Don't cry! It's a happy day!

*gasp*

It broke?!:(

*gasp*

You made better?!:)

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I don't know how to feel!!!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!

:freakout::explode:

Ahhh, that's better.

I feel happy now. My map was caulked like a newb also. Except now caulk won't work...

:no bantha smily either jk2.net: *bantha call*

It won't work? I cannot beleive how stupid I was doing it. Now I feel like a pro :). My map will be much better too, I did completely redo the sky bridge, and I have to say that I like it many times more than the last one. I've made it feel a lot more bespin-ish too.

Archived