Home

LucasArts - Let Raven Takeover JK 2 For PC

QuietSith

Should LucasArts let Raven take control of JK 2 For PC?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should LucasArts let Raven take control of JK 2 For PC?

• Yes, Raven rocks and they should have the power!
    • No, LucasArts is doing just fine controlling it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raven has to get permission from LucasArts in order to get a new patch out.

LucasArts owns the game.

Activision owns Raven (I'll bet you didn't know that).

"In 1997, Raven Software joined forces with Activision Incorporated (Nasdaq: ATVI) in an exclusive publishing deal that would merge Activision's proven publishing and distribution resources with Raven SoftwareÕs talented development team."

http://www.ravensoft.com/company.html

Raven owns SOF 2.

The only way Raven can do more for JK 2 is if LucasArts let them.

"Interview with Michael Chang Gummelt":

"What, if anything, would you like to say about the negative reaction by a part of the community to the latest patch?

I’d have to say some people have some valid points about a couple things that can be exploited and I’d love to get a few fixes out there… and some people are a bit misinformed about what the patch actually did. In the end, though, that decision is up to LucasArts, not us, so all I can do is cross my fingers with the rest of you, really.

http://modcentral.jediknightii.net/changkhan.php

Yea...I was just thinking this when I stumbled across this thread...

We all thought that JKII was LucasArts' savior, its redemption..it was perfect:)

Now they won't let Raven fix it

Damn LA, I doubt I'll buy a game from them again, it was enough to have to go buy a new video card...

-edit- and the 2 people who voted that LA was doing a fine job should go walk off the wrong end of a cliff somewhere

in my post i wasnt blaming Raven, was just askin what is going on, but from what i read hear, Lucas need to sort there fans out, or has it gone beyond Lucas's thoughts now of bringing the fans the things they want

to just pure, line is pockets and tuff crap too the fan's

and the 2 peeps, not a cliff, try launch your self into outer space, with no suits on!

LucasArts, I condemn you people to let Raven make another offical patch. You want money? We what fun. So, let Raven work the magic. This game ain't abandonware yet folks.

Do you want rioters coming at your company buliding? I didn't think so.

How long has it actually been now since 1.03 was released? I can't really remember. Have we been waiting for the ever so elusive 1.04 longer than we did for 1.03? It wouldn't suprise me one bit if this game was left to rot. They made a boo-boo and I guess no-one feels like fixing it. Shame, cause with just a a few changes 1.03 could be great. Maybe if we all send one E-Mail with loads of signatures from everyone... wishfull thinking.

Oh JK2, I loved thee so. Now thee art notteth as goodeth. Oh woe!

Archived