Home

Want to try out u104?

Aerys

I have it running on my server for testing purposes.

Server name is NICE PEOPLE ONLY (and I do mean it...) and its currently located at 67.83.141.33.

Mind the rules, the server posts them every 5 minutes...

There are a couple of other "patches" posted up on JediKnightII.net mod files section...

One's called 1.03a+ (does things pretty much similarly to what I heard about 1.04u)

The other's called The Fan's Version which sounds like fun, though a fair bit altered (like including a new move called evade, incorporating 1.02 damages again, getting rid of the shield appearance (the blue sphere), optional not including the shield at all, adding in dismemberment)

Yah, there's more than I've written here, both also optionally include the ghoul2collision setting and the tracesaberfirst (i haven't gotten used to these, it seemed to decrease the control over saber moves???)...

JUS Wanted to know what ppl thought??? And what the new "standard" patch out there should be??? Looking forward to a rejuvenated JK2 experience!!!

Well, the u104 mod was on the JK2.net news page but I guess its scrolled off with all the new skins that were released but the 1.04 mod can be found at

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2182.shtml

It is merely a compilation of the code Raven released with no other modifications.

I've already noticed the backstab damage reduced and the player frozen in place when excecuting it!

It also seems they removed throws from in-game duels...

Thanks Aerys!!! :)

Sounds almost exactly like the 1.03a+ mod on JKII.net, don't think it's quite the same tho, since 1.03a+ doesn't remove throw from duels completely, just nerfs its usage... Yah, also made from Raven's changes...

Well, I think i'll give them all a go... the JK2 Fan's Version sounds really exciting but it's completely a new game in some ways, so I don't think that one's going to be my pick... But it's a huge relief to finally see some balance restored (to the Force) :)

Cheers

PS. Has anything been done to nerf absorb??? (just thought it should be, but this is one of the less important things, guess i'll check out the rest of it first)

Archived