Home

WIP: Jabba's palace guards

Duncan_10158

I am working on a Gamorrean, these piglike Jabba's palace guards from Episode VI. I am nearly finished with it and could need some suggestions and feed back.

Some pictures:

http://io.meskinaw.net/gamorr-proj.php

But I have also a problem. I work on 3ds max and every time i export my model to XSI format, i get an improper file. That means i get an error with the assimilate tool from the SDK.

error: code 13050

I followed the tutorial by Tim Appleby but i must have missed something. Or do i need to set something in 3ds max to make it work properly?

I also cant reimport my XSI file of my model. I get an improper file error. Does someone know my problem?

Thx for any help!

Update:

I got assililate to work, my problem is solved!!!

UpUpdate:

I uploaded a first beta of my model at the link above. its at the top of the page. Have a look and post what you think of it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took these pics directly from 3ds max, so the model isnt smoothed yet and the textures have not one to one imported.

I d'liked to do that but i was not sure if that was part of my problem to convert my model to XSI format.

I realy need some help.

i honestly can't remember what that error is, i think i have come across it before but not sure. could have to do with heirarchy linking, does it give you any other messages after it, or does it simply say error: 13050.

what options do you select when you export your model from 3d studio max? i simply leave it at defaults

Finally some point to start of solving my problem.

To your questions sithlord-II,

there is no other message then 'code 13050' in the dos window and after striking a key the 'process returnd error: 1' message.

My heirarchy is built like the ones from the original XSI models from the Raven pack. the only thing i dont know is about the textures in the heirarchy. to every mesh there is brown box binded with the texture i supose. in the original there is for every mesh a single one. in my model some meshes share the same texture, because i have not enough place in the material window.

When i export my model i have checked the boxes

Meshes

Animation

Bones

Point Weights

Use Locale Filenames for Textures

('Lights' and 'IK Chains' are not possible)

Unchecked

Basepose Transformations

SRT Transformations

Generate Shader Names PSet

When i check every box in the export setting, i get another error message from assimilate:

import faild: File contains 'cubic' scale keys

It is possible that this error is my real problem. but i tought default setting in the export window was as i wrote above.

I hope somebody can see now my fault and give me a hint.

The dark force my be with you sithlord-II!

Update:

Now i know the solution, while exporting from 3ds max winows musst be in US language mode. Otherwise it doesnt work.

And my setting above is also fault. 'Basepose Transformations' and 'SRT Transformations' musst also be checked.

The bigest problems are always these stupid little things, i should have expected that.

okay duncan diddn't reply to my post and I haddn't checked my e-mail but I just did and he'd sent me the model I sussed it out and I sent him the problems I found which are fairly simple, I still don't know what was wrong with his 3dmax - I got the file exported and got it IN GAME. Looks Sweet!!! it's late so he'll probably get the news tomorrow

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or with Anis Words:

ITS WORKING, ITS WORKING!!!!!!

the thing was the windows language, the exporter from Raven works only in the US language mode of windows. now i know why the NASA had missed mars sending her satelit there.

I still have a lot to do, because the meshes are not weighted correctly, so there are lot of missmovings. but i try to fix that. about tomorrow i will relese a beta of my model and hope to have some feed back, what should be better made.

Originally posted by Grafox

Do you need skinners? I'd love to give it a try.

Sure, it would be nice to see some other skins. as you probably see is this my first skining and i am not sure at all about it. but the model is not done completly. when i finished the beta version it would be great if you take a look at it.

My Gamorrean was first time in game, it looks very funny. It was a very early version with a hell of clipping faults.

One thing is very strange, the right hand isnt at all at the place it should be. I took the hands from the original model of the stormtrooper, i was to lazzy to make my one ones. but at compilation there is a message, that in the right hand is a shader. I have no ideas about shader and all these things, aL BeasTie said it could have something to do with.

how do get rid of it?

Archived