Home

ass town lol

Lord Helmet

Yes, we have already discussed it some, and I think we have decided to...

a) propably build it on corellia. This might change after we play the actual game: perhaps corellia sucks. Then we go look for some other place. But right now, the aim is corellia.

b) it will be a neutral town, so that people who join a faction can come home without getting blasted by a NPC.

c) we will propably let other PA's settle down in the town, especially PA's with common interests. Unaligned personel will be admitted if they are approved by the citizens.

d) we will propably have some kind of city council, especially if the role of mayor becomes too heavy for one player to bear. These people will decide what to spend the towns treasury on, and who to let in. These people will govern the town, not the PA, so I would not be surprised if friendly non-Associates can be in this council. If they are good at what they do, and have the town's wellbeing in mind, I won't mind them not being members.

My vision is a town that is mostly run and composed by Associates and their allies, and at the same time let a variety of strangers in for trading, and now and then welcome friendly settlers. How it turns out? Hey, it could become anything from an abandoned hamlet to a sprawling city. It will be very interesting to find out...

EDIT: a note on the Council: this is a game. These people will not have to do all the tedious duties of a real life politician. So being in the council does NOT mean that you would have to stop doing anything else. At peaceful times, one or two short meetings each week might suffice. Again, this depends on both how much customization and planning we will be allowed in town governing, and how active members are.

i was also thinking since our town is open to all factions that we could be an "information" city...for example lets say there is an imperial who really needs some rebels information..and there is a rebel who really needs some money..well the city could put together meetings to establish these "connections" for a fee of course . a handsome fee at that. MUHAHAHAh

[totally IC]

Hey, I won't be bothered with them selling plans and such, as long as they do it outside the border. That's a-right: when you cross that hill, and I ain't see you no more, then it's none of my biznizz. But I won't tolerate no spying and thieving inside here, no!

[/iC]

Well, having mayor elections would be fun, and allow for some good roleplaying. Propably the same about an eventual council: do the work poorly, and you might find yourself driven out of town covered in tar and feathers! :)

Sure, if you are playing a character that is corrupted. But you would propably be confronted by my char if you performed illegal activities within the town. But such things are fun, as long as both players acknowledge that it is just a game, and back off if you notice that the other player takes offense. This is what the R in RPG means. And that is what I like the most.

You are very welcome to play a corrupted char. That's the advantage of having a neutral PA: you'll run into every kind of characters. Hopefully, you will do it descreetly enough for me not having to chase you down! :)

thats okay i think i may have duel proffessions my whole character time...first politician and a image designer to amekl myself clothes, then take away imagine designer for armor maker, then gun smith, then tato artist, then when when my character has all basic needs with looks and defesne, i make animal tamer get my self a rancor ;) and become a politician with a rancor bodyguard that CAN TAKE YOU DOWN lol

WOW, Greg!

You're gonna spend years on that character, me thinks, before you come back as a politician with a Rancor as a pet bodyguard. :D

But seriously, it's fine you got your character figured out, but a friendly advice:

Don't go around telling your plans to everybody.

If anything goes wrong in the city - and I don't care how much Setsuko will deny this (prolly won't) - you are going to be lurking in the back of her head as a suspect, even if she has no evidence or clue that you're involved. :)

Just my 2 cent. ;)

Originally posted by setsuko

b) it will be a neutral town, so that people who join a faction can come home without getting blasted by a NPC.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! *remembers the, litterally, HUNDREDS of PvP/PvE Debates at the OS's forums!!!!*

Archived