Home

Maw - wip

Madjai

Maw is going to be released in a couple days anyway, so you can do whatever you wish with him then as long as Madjai and I are given credit. As for releasing the NPC upon release, I don't believe that anyone could incorporate everything necessary(and do it well) and have it done in time anyway, let alone considering your rather ambiguous behavior lately. In all honesty, it will take a LOT for you to gain anyone's trust at this point, so you probably shouldn't waste your time with this kind of thing.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RebornMaw

{

playerModel rebornmaw

saberColor red

rank captain

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 3

evasion 5

intelligence 5

hfov 160

vfov 160

height 78

crouchheight 42

width 18

playerTeam enemy

enemyTeam player

// race human

class desann

yawSpeed 120

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

snd maw

sndcombat maw

sndjedi maw

health 500

dismemberProbHead 99

dismemberProbArms 99

dismemberProbLegs 99

dismemberProbHands 99

dismemberProbWaist 99

scale 110

movetype flyswim

}

Put this in a file named maul.npc

put the npc file in ext_data

Studman drop it. I'm already handling it, and I'm going to attempt to make him like he was in JK1. Which includes doing my own Icarus script for him. No, it won't be ready for the release, since I want to go as detailed as possible in Icarus. Which requires a bit of time for me to learn some of the other commands. But for now, stop spamming this thread please.

Harukaze,

I agree. You should do it. If this is going to be for a TC, I suggest you make the npc file. It will be made sure that it has the highest quality.

Sorry, studman.

Anyways, Inbred, I suggest you try your little heart out to get that fluid. It would look so awesome to have some fluid with Maw. I swear, it would put this model in the top tens of the world!

You'll just have to wait for release to see the red version. It's nothing super-special, but it's my favorite nonetheless. I've been working through the shader tutorial adillon linked me to, and I'm trying to make the tubes glow(just to understand the basics), but after reviewing my work probably a dozen times and following the tutorial to the letter, it still doesn't work. Is there something different about jedi outcast that I should know about? I'm just taking the torso texture psd(which has the tubes in it), adding an alpha channel, coloring over the tubes in the alpha channel, saving it in targa format, then removing everything(including the alpha channel) but the tubes, resaving that as a separate targa, and adding the 2 in Q3ASE with all the necessary additions(which is simple, and I'm sure there's no problem there). The skin file is pointing to the correct image, but it seems that the alpha channel in the torso texture is just being ignored, and it's using whatever is in the RGB channel behind it in the same image, so the torso appears just as it always did. If anyone can walk me through this PLEASE HELP.

Originally posted by inbredyokel

If anyone can walk me through this PLEASE HELP.

i don't know if i should feel proud that i could point you towards that tutorial, or if i should apologize for giving you such a headache. either way, i really hope you can figure this out, although i hate to admit i cannot. i think absath and bloodriot figured out the shader thing with their mandalorian model. they seemed to have disappeared from the forums however. there's an energy trooper skin someone made that uses shaders to make the "energy" flow through the suit. maybe you can try to contact one of those people for some help. best of luck.

btw, is the red skin going to be another one of maw's brothers who also happened to get his legs cut off?! what are the odds?

j/k :D

i am very psyched about this model, but patiently (albeit eagerly) await its debut in jkII. keep up the great work!

I didn't get the .bot file in the mail yet, but there's no real rush on the Icarus scripting anyway. Once I get the model, I'll make the script and continue to play with it until Maw really feels like a boss in SP.

I figure, unless we figure out how to get HIM to spin [working on that], he'll probably be fond of saber throwing, yes? He's probably quite good at it, I'm sure. At least that much will spin ^_^ Other Force powers will continue to be tweaked until I get something right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maw didn't ever use lightning right? Or did I just never see him use lightning?

Err, that was my brain-deaded-ness speaking. I was thinking .jkb when I said .bot, just confused which one does which. Check your PM, I'm going to message you my real address [not the mail-forwarding address I think you have].

Anyway, in playing around in Icarus, I think when he gets in SP I'll be able to custom make his movement sounds, meaning no silly footfall sounds for a creature with no feet! ^_^ I'm really beginning to like this mini-language.

Originally posted by Madjai

since im using sounds from JK1 do i have to contact LEC and ask them for permission?

if so, can someone tell me who to contact?

Carefully read the JK and JO EULAs, read them over a few times. It shouldn't be hard to think of a loophole between the two which would technically allow you to use the sounds legally, seeing as both EULAs are quite vague. Then just attach it to the readme and level description and it can never be taken down. :p

There was a nice power outage last night when a power pole across the road was washed away(and my subwoofer and speakers were somehow blown out by the power surge, even though they were plugged into a surge protector), so I didn't get anything done on the shaders. Not that it makes much difference though, since I found out I need to use ShaderEd2 for jedi outcast, and there are no tutorials or readmes explaining how to use it for someone who is as shader-challenged as I am. I've posted a couple threads asking for help in this forum and the general editing forum, but to no avail. Apparently everyone knows as little about shaders as I do. I would email the creaters of the energy trooper, but their emails aren't listed in the readme. Unless I'm able to find some help very soon, shaders will just have to wait until a maw 1.1 patch.

As for the airbrushed look of the skin, if you're talking about the head I'm way ahead of you. After I got pissed off at shadered2 yesterday, I felt like improving something, so I started to retune the face. It was the first part I did, and after mastering the maw skin palate from doing the whole body, I thought I could make it a bit better.

inbred, i feel like such a schmoe. :o

i send you to that tutorial, which doesn't help you out, and i TOTALLY COMPLETELY UTTERLY ABSOLUTELY forgot about ShaderEd2. i must've played around with all the jkII editing tools for hours on end, just for the halibut ... pathetic, i know.

tell you what, i'm gonna get into it as soon as i get some free time (hopefully soon :p), because i think i know what needs to be done to make a moving fluid type shader. here's a dumb question ... if i do figure it out prior to maw's release, would you want me to provide you with the know-how? if it doesn't happen until after its release, you can always make a maw 1.1, right?

i'll see what i can do.

btw - don't you just LOVE power outages?

If you figure it out before release and can quickly impliment it, by all means go for it. Don't worry about teaching it to me. Just PM me and I'll email you everything you need. It's no big deal that you kinda pointed me the wrong way, the tutorial was pretty useful in teaching the basics of shaders, even if it was for the wrong program. Eventually I want to learn how to use them pretty thoroughly, they're a very valuable skinning tool that most people ignore. I will include it when it is figured out, even if it is for 1.1.

Ok, word from Madjai is that Maw will be released tomorrow, but without the shaders. Don't worry though, they WILL be released in a 1.1 update. There will be enhanced head textures for all three skins though. That is, if Madjai checks his hotmail before he submits the file :) Unfortunately the little maw collage included with the pk3 will not have the updated textures, so expect to see something a little different in-game.

Archived