Home

Does My Server Suck???

crazyplaya73

Check this out right - when people come on my server some people think its a great server and others think it sucks. The people who get their asses whipped regularly :D are the ones who usually think it sucks so I don't know if its an unbiased opinion.

Here is how my server is setup:

1) SWITCHES BETWEEN FFA AND DUEL MODES OF PLAY

2) LOTS AND LOTS OF SKINS

3) CUSTOM MAPS VERY SOON AND I HAVE THE FTP SITE LISTED IN THE MOTD FOR PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD THE MAPS AND SKINS

4) ON DUEL MAPS PULL IS DISABLED AND ALL OTHER NON-NEUTRAL FORCE POWERS. SO ITS ONLY PUSH, THROW, JUMP, SPEED AND SEEING.

5) DUEL MAPS HAVE A 2 MINUTE TIME LIMIT SO NO PUSSY FOOTING

6) ON FFA MAPS ALL FORCE POWERS ARE ENABLED EXCEPT FOR PULL ABSORB AND LIGHTNING

7) SERVER SPEED IS SLOWED DOWN TO 200 (G_SPEED 200) FOR MORE CONTROLLED BATTLES. I HAVE IT NOTED IN MY MOTD THAT FORCE IS LIMITED AND GAME SPEED IS SLOWER.

8) SABERTRACE IS 0 FOR LESS BLOCKING LIKE THE 102 VERSION

9) BACTA TANKS ARE REMOVED FROM ALL MAPS

10) SABER ONLY NO WEAPONS

So what do you think? I tried many differnet settings and this way is my favorite because the fights seem to be quick and deadly but fair. Its increadbly fun when playing against other skilled players. The server name is "SABER ONLY SMORGASBORD!!! V103" if anyone wants to check it out.

switching between FFA and duel could get annoying. but I like the idea of nuetral force powers only. I'll come and visit soon

The good thing about this is if someone gets on your nerves in FFA then you can get some payback in duel mode and vice-versa. I just find that it keeps things fresh switching between the two modes of play.

I will check it out but sounds to me like it's set up to your liking, and if you want everyone to like it, you must take the opinions of others into consideration.

True, true. That's why I posed this message. I would like some feedback (hopefully unbiased). So let me know what you think. I know not everyone is going to like this. Some people like no force at all in duels, some like having all of the force powers available in FFA, some like guns, and some don't like the slower game speed. I just think that the majority will like these setting but I wanted to know for sure.

Peace.

Archived