Home

Clonetrooper Model Released!!!

Niblem

Niblem the spot on the back is not a smoothing problem it looks like its a few fliped polys ,IE when the light source is on the back of the model you see a dark spot and if the front is facing the light source the spot on the back is bright ,Just flip those little suckers and your problem is gone , the mesh is doubleside so its very easy to over look ,when the mesh is singlesided the fliped polys show up as holes...hope that helps

That is because I did not include caps. Alot of the other models dont include them as well. They are very Tricky as to the fact that they add to your polycount, they have to be hidden untill the limb is decapitated (sp?) and they have to match the same size as the hole. They are alot of work, and for the time being they will not be included either will the lod's. Its alot of work so i need time to get them just right..

:) Niblem :)

I've noticed that the top of the shoulder blade (coloured black) comes through the top of the white armor. Stand him still and you will see what I mean. I looked at the stormtrooper and saw why this did'nt happen on them. The lower part of the stormtroopers armor moves seperately from the top, allowing for the top to adjust.

Yes, i am aware of this problem. Trying to find a way around it.. Im not sure how they did it on the stormtrooper but on the other player models without armor all oyu have to do with the animations is load a skin on to the bone and adjust the envelope to select the verticies you need. But that allows the bone to bend the mesh as it moves. However with the clonetrooper mandalorian and storm troopers its a slightly different scenerio.. Armor does not conform to the body's movement it actually limits the ratio of movement. So on the cloonetroopers armor i had to link it to mainly one bone to prevent wierd looking deformations.. However the black cloth they wear below the armor is deformable so the shoulders, hips, and arms etc. might pass through the armor due to the fact they are skinned to 2-4 bones each. Like I said im trying to find a way around this..

Archived