Home

[JHQ] Weapons Guide **Must Read**

Twins of Doom

I have posted about this before, but I have done lots of updates on it. A lot of time and energy has gone into this guide to using weapons and I hope you like it. It includes counters, tactics, and general use.

http://jkhq.ath.cx/weapons.php

It would be much appreciated if somebody could post this on the news at http://www.jediknightii.net as i'll probably be emailing anyways (hint hint).

Post your comments about this guide, and suggestions here. I have damage ratios coming soon, don't worry.

My Force Powers guide is also almost done, i just have to do some testing and get pictures.

My Lightsaber Guide is currently being typed up and i have done all my testing for it;)

So this is Twins of Doom's Weapons Guide, hope you like it!

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Nice setup, i'll look into it more but just a tip: when you took the shots, wouldent it make more sence to have the pic of the READY gun, rather than the outline,to help newbs?

just a thought (great work though)

thanks, ya i was gunna do that.....but then i got bored waiting for thermal detonators to appear (which was the first thing i did) so i guess you could say i got lazy

nice guide.... a few complaints/suggestions:

1. Better images... maybe it's just me, but they looked really really dark.

2. You should consider adding a damage table and/or RoF. It'll add a bit more detail about the guns in general and makes for some nice comparisons (the stun baton's damage output is actually really close to the blaster rifles primary fire... bryers can do more damage than a repeater 2nd fire, etc.).

3. blasterrifle does 20 damage with both settings. The primary shot is just more accurate.

4. Sniper rifle is capped at 100 damage so technically, it's not a one hit kill (assuming one hit kill means a freshly spawned player with 100 health/25 shields). If you are going to consider it a one hit kill, add rockets, trip mines, detonator packs, wookie crossbow, and flak cannon secondary fire to that list of one hit kill weapons.

Rockets, trip mines, detonator packs all are capped at 100 damage (damage varies obviously, depending on distance from explosion). Only the flak cannon 2nd fire and wookie crossbow powered up primary shot can exceed 100 damage. If you're hit by each ball from a flak cannon, that'll be 120 damage. A wookie crossbow deals 50 damage per shot, so technically you could get hit for 250 (though, damage is split between health/shields... so getting hit with just 4 arrows will end up killing you anyways in most cases... see further down).

5. You should add how the bowcaster/rocket/flak primary (if a direct hit in the case of the rocket) will split it's damage half on health, half on shields (if possible). Regardless of shields and force powers, 2 rockets will kill a guy as will 4 bowcaster shots.

Actually, I've never confirmed the bowcaster thing, but whenever I'm hit I always lose 25 health so I assume it's damage is 50 and half is split to health half to shields.

Flak cannon damage is kind of wierd. Each shard deals 12 points of damage, and it fires 5 shards I believe. If the whole blast hits you, you'll take 30 health/30 shield damage.

6. Almost all primary fire that can be blocked by the lightsaber, can also be pushed. It's hardly a counter but probably worth a mention.

7. I've never force pushed a mine before... if you're looking for a counter though, force sight makes the blue beam alot more distinguishable. You can also place mines in the empty weapon cases (that are blue)... they hide the beam really well.

8. Det packs can be hid nicely in medkits. You can also use force sight level 3 + a corner, for an almost unblockable attack (they'd have to have force sight or knowledge of where you are before rounding the corner).

Most of these damage values/RoF I took from "http://www.captured.com/strategy/jedioutcast/weapons/". Alot of his weapon strategies and stuff I already used, but I figured I'd give credit where credit is due.

Blank

Originally posted by Magnus of Mars

Twins of Doom - Way to go!

Nice job. Is there a way to make a chart of the different damages done by the sabre moves in the three styles? Just a thought.

:saberg:

yes, it's easy..but that will be in my lightsaber guide

i said.....damage ratios coming soon

Originally posted by MediocreSlacker

I'm writing an in-depth weapons guide that will be out soon too.

slacker

cool, mine needs some more fine tuning, but i figured i'd release it...it will help some people:)

still gotta figure out the approximate damage for one hit;)

Originally posted by lexx

Hey Twins: You didn't mention the Arakyd Mark VII Inquisitor (aka seeker). This is in essence also a weapon as it fires at an enemy within range. I always activate it when picked up.

good point;)

that will be in my guide to pick up items:D

Archived