Home

Death From Above: How do you do it?

Kestrel

I can't for the life of me get the "death from above" move (the heavy death strike) to work at all. I've tried hitting jump, forward, and attack simultaneously as well as hitting attack, then forward and jump. Nothing seems to work.

How exactly do you pull this move off?

i always thought DFA was the yellow stance one...

can someone tell me which one it actually is?

as for the heavy stance strike thing, do a normal swing (it doesn't have to be downward and u can move while doing it, even a swing just when u land from a jump). when the swing is somewhere over halfway thru, and it's slow enough for u to calculate, then press forward+jump+attack all at once...

i don't think this is the actual way it was made to be done...but everyone i know uses this way...it was the way someguy showed it to me

Heavy Stance Combo = DFA

Heavy Stance Back Combo = Backsweep

Medium Stance Combo = Medium Stance Jump+Slash

Medium Stance Back Combo = Backsweep

Light Stance Combo = Forward Lunge

Light Stance Back Combo = Backstab

That should clear it up :)

Originally posted by Kestrel

I can't for the life of me get the "death from above" move (the heavy death strike) to work at all. I've tried hitting jump, forward, and attack simultaneously as well as hitting attack, then forward and jump. Nothing seems to work.

How exactly do you pull this move off?

Heavy Stance first.

Forward, and swing, before the swing completes, jump.

That should get ya the DFA :)

hmm...so the medium stance combo has no name?

gee, i always thought that was DFA because asuming my victim doesn't move away and i'm near enough, my slash will be directly on his head and i'll be standing on top of him. That combo makes your character jump so much higher than the heavy stance combo...thought that's another reason.

in single player, get heavy stance, do a normal swing by JUST hitting attack... he should do a right to left swipe, when the saber is almost invisible infront of his head(Half way though), JUMP + Attack+ forward at the same time.

For Multiplayer......Heavy Stance Combo-press attack and just before the swing is over press Forward+Jump+Attack

For Single Player.....DO Same thing or.....ive actually got it to work correctly in SP which is just press Forward+Jump +Attack

.....I dont know which is called Death From Above ive seen it both ways but all i know is this move is powerful as anything so it should be called death from above.

Originally posted by SeraphimII

Yea but if you watch the moves medium is more of a dfa because its acually from above! Heavys more of a Dead From The Waist!

i see your point....the heavy stance isnt really from "above", unless u are talking about ABOVE as in God cause it is a sick finishing move.....it should be called wrath of god....and medium should be called "the Move that Looks Awsome"

Archived