Home

U104/1.03a Slow Motion Death for Duels in MP!

Emon

Today I noticed the cvar g_slowmoDuelEnd, which when set to 1, enables slow motion at the end of MP duels, just like in SP! I don't know if this works for private duels in FFA and such, but I know it works for Duel servers.

Server admins, all you have to do is add the following line to your CFG file to enable it:

seta g_slowmoDuelEnd 1

Unfortunatly, it only appears to work on servers that have the U104 mod or the 1.03a compiled source code (the mod).

Yet another reason to switch to U104!

It might not work on standard 1.03, but if you update to the OFFICAL RAVEN RELEASED 1.03a SERVER (not a patch or a mod for clients), it may work.

However, U104 totally rocks, you can get it either of JKII.net or from Massassi.net. It totally balances gun and saber combat, makes the game MUCH more skillful and fun. It's very small, around 500 KB. Just turn on auto download, and people will download it before they join if they don't have it. That way you won't discourage people from joining.

Also, U104 doesn't modify any game files. Just slip it in your base folder and you can play on 1.03 and U104 servers.

I HIGHLY recommend this mod to ANY sabers only servers (especially if you don't like ass-fighting, because it's totally gone now).

well i installed the patch and enabled the slowmo mode but now when i kill someone in the duel gametype i get the connection interrupted msg and : MAX_PACKET_USER_CMDS or smth like that and after that there is this death animation slowed down but this is no fun with connection interrupted... :( The same happens when i die...

I got a slight connection interrupted, but it was gone immediatly. Try upgrading to the 1.03a server binaries, you can get em off Raven's site of JKII.net (NOT the same as the 1.03a mod or U104).

Archived