Home

Cheap Tactics?

FlyingFish

I've been playing JK2 multiplayer for awhile now. Most of the time I have been hosting games with full force and all guns so you can believe how many complaints I have received about players using “cheap” and “skill-less” tactics. Some of these tactics that were called cheap were griping your opponents and throwing them off edges, pushing your opponents off edges and using lightning. I have been a victim to this several times but don’t complain that it was cheap and skill-less.

I have seen players get gripped off of edges and say how lame it was and how lame and skill-less it is. After they come back the same thing happens again and they keep complaining. But why do they think it is cheap, skill-less, lame and so on? People have told me it’s because players who use it don’t know how to fight with anything else and players that suck at the game do it because it takes no skill. Saying that it takes no skill is just telling others that you keep getting owned by a player who sucks at the game and is using basic tactics to kill you. And if they are owning you just by gripping you off edges then they don’t really need to know anything else do they? :)

Another thing I have heard is complaining about loosing a duel because they made the mistake of using the wrong saber style or that they started with low health. And then to top that off they say that they would of won if they did not make that mistake. Well guess what? people win by taking the advantage of their opponents mistake, that’s what winning is. If you started with low health guess who’s mistake that is? If nobody made mistakes then wars would go on forever. Opposing sides would keep countering each others attacks, one side would come up with a strategy that the other side would adapt to immediately until there is no strategies left to use. :(

This is just my opinion.

Victims always complain.

No one says "OMFG I GOT FIRST PLACE, HOW GAY!"

Every single one of us fell victim to a grip-toss death, a push off a ledge, a pull/backstab when we first started playing.

The difference between the skilled and unskilled can be seen in those who learned to adapt to what is thrown their way and those who still complain when they get hit with the same move 90 million times and don't figure out why it never works when they try it on someone.

I always help players out during a game if they want to learn.

But if they start in with the "lame", "gay", "can't you do anything else?” "cheap" crap I unload on them without even a shred of decency.

I agree with 90% of what you said!

I think I've only whined about 3 types of bad tactics.

Assfighters

Lunge whores- Some are very easy to kill but some are not.

And people that use grip to throw mercs around on jedi vs mercs. Let me explain...

In this one game there were this group of ppl that would grip a merc and basicly wave him around to the point where the merc couldn't fight back (Too wavey to get a shot off), then they'd either repeat the prosess(choke u to death), throw you off a ledge, or, since your weapons down after awhile w/ grip, just slice you in half w/ their saber. Although I was the top scorer in that server I still thought it was a really, really ghey tactic. I really didn't have a problem with throwing mercs over ledges, but atleast we got a chance to fight back with that.

Archived