Home

New player and lightsaber models.

alaris

I'm trying to get a feel about whether to share two models I have recently completed.

The first is a new jedi model whose outfit is heavily inspired by Solid Snake's outfit (Medal Gear Solid (1 & 2)). He is based off a Star Wars RPG character that is a 6'5", buff, blonde, pony-tailed bad arse from the outer rim. (don't like stories? skip next paragraph)

Father was a powerful jedi who left the order for love (which may happen to young Anakin in Ep 3 -wink- -wink-) and was one of the last hunted down and killed by Vader and Palpatine. Unfortunately he wasn't old enough to help young Luke out at the time, but now, 10 years after Endor, he is entering his prime, and he is on a righteous crusade against the empire.

The second model is based off his lightsaber (a slightly modified version of his father's). The hilt is red with an ergonomic black grip. The blade is meant to be white (the colors clash), so you may want to download the appropriate mod for that.

Once again, if you're interested, post a quick reply, and I will work on some screenshots.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here's the screenshots for the two models. The player model is my very first model, so please go easy on the criticisms. Tips are fine, but please save the "what the hell is that?"s.

If you want either or both models, please email me at ryanhutchings@excite.com, and I will send them your way. Make sure to specify which one you want (or both). Enjoy!

Player model Alaris

http://users.cableaz.com/~ryan_hutchings/images/alaris.jpg

Red hilt lightsaber

http://users.cableaz.com/~ryan_hutchings/images/alarisaber.jpg

i agree with grafox, the player model is *perfect* from what i can tell in the screenshots. but the skin isn't as crisp as it could be. still, i'd love to see it in game so i can give a more useful opinion... check your e-mail.

yes, the model is weighted, and though the skin is not as crisp as it could be, I plan on moving on to making a new model. For those of you who sent me emails requesting the model, I will be unable to send the model until about 6pm AZ time (I'm at work and forgot to bring the pk3s.) But I will reply to all the requests as soon as I get home.

But that's ok cause everyone's at work too right?;)

alright, I said go easy on the criticism.

have you thought about the possibility of having someone skin it for you?

The skin is beginner but it's not that bad is it?:(

I assume you are referring to the player model.

I didn't mean to come across over-critical at all. I think the skin is just fine and the model itself is sweet (I like the pony tail best). I was just thinking that since you yourself said "the skin is not as crisp as it could be" that you might let someone else tinker with it since you're moving on to your next project.

Besides- the model is unique enough where i'm sure there will be plenty of skins made for it anyway. :)

not your fault---I'm just a bit overly sensitive when sharing my artwork----issues that go WAY back to the first grade he he.

Yeah, it could use some more touchup. In fact, I was going to make the red / blue versions of the skins---I can whip that out before I send them off tonight.

Thanks for clarifying btw delmar---are you from Del Mar CA or somethin?

Don't forget that when you put it in game its going to shrink a lot, so very minor details or slight blurriness won't even be noticable.

Chiss Lord was right---this model looks WAY better in the game. Though I probably have some emotional attachment to it since it is based off my Star Wars RPG character---Alaris.

(Speaking of Chiss Lord---Alaris' arch enemy happens to be a Dark Chiss Lord of the Sith named Balis.)

If anyone wants to make custom skins---just pop off an email -- ryanhutchings@excite.com

Never been to CA- Louisiana's about as far west as I've been... Delmar's my name! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing this fella in-game. And yes, include the team-based skins- it's always nice to round out the model that way.

You guys are being too casual...

First Model?!?

If that's your FIRST... that is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Really nice work.

You certainly down-played the quality in your first post. LOL! I didn't think it was going to look very good at all, but even if I hadn't felt that way, I still would have been impressed by the work you've done.

The sabre model is excellent too. Really cool design.

Suffice it to say, your models meet my approval. (I'll send you a cerificate) :rolleyes:

I look forward to your future contributions.

It's great that you've made a character that you've played. That must be really cool for you to use.

-nomad

P.S. I'm an artist as well. If you can recognize that "First Grade" stuff, then that's the first step towards overcoming it.

MTFBWY

thanks for the compliments---means the world to me. Does anyone know how to go about submitting files to jkii.net? Also, I forgot to mention a problem with the saber hilt. It works perfeclty except in first person mode---it's using kyle's saber skin for some reason in first person.

I will email the files tonight anyways to those who want it, but I will also look into posting it on jediknightii.net.

Eets'chula---go ahead and make a custom skin for it. Send me an email--ryanphutchings@excite.com and I will send you all the files. One stipulation though---you have to share it when you're done ;)

I figured out the problem with the hilt in First Person. I just need to copy my skin and rename it "saber.jpg" --- the same name as Kyle's saber skin.

Here are two 2D images of what the model is based on.

alaris.jpg

coloralaris2.jpg

I am working on some in-game screenshots, but the freaking shots are 256X256, and it only saves one per level. How gay is that!!??

Archived