Home

Backslashing? a tad irritating, but what really gets me annoyed....

Kanubis

Can someone explain this one to me (I've seen it many times):

There's two reasons that people hate 'back-slash fighters' (won't say ass-fighters, too English for that, sorry): Because it's a cheap and sucky playing style, and because it looks stupid, unauthentic and dumb. There's a certain section of people who would agree with the latter point who are guilty of a great hypocrisy.

To explain:

I'm in a Free-For-All, where there's some general scrapping, and a few people watching and taking turns to duel.

Some newbie runs in and starts all that backslash marlarky, makes enemies, gets slaughtered/kicked off server, whilst the experienced people moan:

"That just looks stupid" / "Doesn't look right in a Star Wars game" / "It's unrealistic that way".

At this point, sure, I agree, I like to see the authentic atmosphere kept.

So, the newbie is gone, and all the afore-mentioned 'realism-loving' players start forming a f**king people tower. What's that all about? It's just pure hypocrisy! And the worst thing is I know I'll be massacred if I try and kill them all for it.

So, have I got a point or am I just kill-joy moody git?

Haha anyways i agree the people tower is definetly not realistic in a starwars sense. But when people do that they are usually just taking a break from the action. They clearly aren't playing the game at that point so it's got nothing to do with how realistically they fight with the saber now does it?

Archived