Home

Jedi Fortress!!

Lord Nodata

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by raziel_spawn69

bump........ nadato what the sabre sys?

Well I'll put up some basics on the new saber combat system on the website...keep checking there. I'm currently revising the design doc to the system with a few additions...

The mod does look nice. Balance is of course a major concern. I think you should have class limits, so that only one or two guys on a team can be a jedi/sith. Also, armor and health values values. Each different player class should have a different maximum health, anywhere from 75 to 150. Most classes should not have shield packs, as this is unrealistic. Shield packs don't appear at all in the movies, and obviously in an army, it would cost an assload of money to outfit every soldier with a shield pack. Sheild packs should be limited to IG-88 or whatever his number is, some kind of heavy infantry class, some kind of heavy purchaseable droid, like the destroyer droids from episode one, and whatever the equivalent of IG-88 is for the other team. Speaking of which, how many different teams do you plan to make? Not just a rebel and empire team, but aslso gungans and naboo, battle droid, and clone army as well? That would take a lot of modelers and stuff, but given how many models and skins have been created already, I think it could be done, over the course of the year.

Anyway, most characters will not have shield packs. However, most characters would have body armor, which would be a lot cheaper to outfit an army with. Body armor would not be ablative or destroyable in nature like shield packs, but would give a constant reduction of damage, no matter how many times you got hit. So, an armor value of .50 would mean that all damage is cut in half. You should have two armor values, or even three. One to represent resistance against kinetic energy, like repeater bullets, explosions, and shrapnel, and one value to represent energy damage, like blasters, disruptors, and so forth. Lightsaber damage could either have it's own third armor value, or else be an avergae between the first two, and maybe throw the number 1 into that average to represent the fact that sabers cut through armor really well. It could be done either way, because sabers are a combination of cutting and heat. Also, you could allow jedi/sith players to purchase cortosis armor that reduces damage from sabers, which would help them duel eachother. Most characters would have armor, but not shields. A few would have shields and armor, or just a shield. Jedi would have neither, but would have the highest maximum health since the force makes them so tough, and could heal themselves. Also maybe add a new force power called energy absorbtion which would be passive and reduce the damage from energy weapons. Or not. But a the number of hits a character takes to go down would depend on his health, armor, and shields.

I would also like to hear the credit system explained a bit more. Each team will get credits to purchase stuff with, but how would this work? Would they just be able to purchase droids and defenses, or would they be able to purchase equipment as well, and if so, would the general have to aprove every purchase, or would each player get an alotment? I love the idea of being able to purchase computer-cntrolled droids. I suggested this idea a couple years ago as something that could be used in Deus Ex mods, but modding for that game didn't seem to get off the ground. Also, are you going to have teams research stuff like in the mod Science and Industry for half-life? That would be pretty cool, but the only drawback is that it is kinda boring at the start of a game when all you have is a pistol, so you would have to make people start out with enough that it is fun from the start.

well the star wars universe IS the star wars films!

Anyway, I would love to explain in more detail how the credit system will work, but we'd like to keep our ideas to the mod to our selves for a bit longer...(at least until a release date rears it's head.)

I can tell you though that the General will only have control over how the TEAM'S credit allowance is spent. Each individual on the team will have his/her own credit allowance to work with as well.

i just joined the team from jedi fortress as mapper.

i'll do the theed royal palace map which i have recently started for this mod. more infos will follow soon on the jf site - keep visiting it.

phZ

Are you guys taking suggestions from the community, i mean i know you may have a strict plan and i know how irritating it might be for someone to come suggesting all these totally complex features for ya mod. Cause i've got a few which you may or may not have already planned.

• 1 month later...

Archived