Home

Jedi Fortress!!

Lord Nodata

9/18/02-Edit:Site has been updated again with shots of HOTH! Go take a look! CLICK HERE!

Ok so it's time to give out the link to our mod site (even though it is anything BUT a complete site yet). We will be updating it constantly, so keep checking back. The mod is a class based, team mod for Jedi Outcast. Come see what we've got so far!

http://www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress

If you would like to help, feel free to contact us: jedifortress@3dactionplanet.com

We're ALWAYS looking for help! Modelers, Mappers, Whatever. If you think you can contribute, please feel free to contact us! This is going to be a BIG project, and we've got a dedicated team working on it, but could always use more help.

If you've got any questions, suggestions, whatever, about the mod, feel free to ask them here. I'll answer what I can.:atat:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know, having the R2 unit destroyable seems kinda stupid. unless the R2 unit has lots of health and shielding it would be really easy to destroy, unlike in ctf you have to kill a person to stop them.

i dont know if its possible, but it would be neat to be able to control the droid, like in SP. That way you can hide him, follow your team mates who are protecting you and stay out of harms way better. and to protect the controller maybe have the droid controls behind a force field, so when he starts to use it the field goes up. that sounds a little unrealistic, but i think would be better.

this is cool and i will be watching over u guys... well, im just a n00b mapper :( cant do anything but i can make flash anims with shape tweens... blah blah blah.... some picture editing.... easily put, i am a jack of all trade. just not good enuff at all of them :D

I love this idea. Ever since I began to play JO I've been thinking about an Empire VS Rebel fortress style game. I don't know why they didn't add one before.

I really want to play a level like the old fortress style games but set at the invasion of echo base.

Looking forward to this.

AAZ

Originally posted by HapSlash

If you guys need a skinner I may be your man,...

What you've described here has the makings of a lot of the ideas I have floating around inside my head,... Even my 'Hoth Rebel Forces' skin pack I've been working on seems to be made for it. Hoth Rebel Skins

BEAUTIFUL skins. If you would like to help out with the mod, we sure could use ya! Send an email to nodata@planetavp.com and we'll get you set up!

I like this mod a lot Nodata because while it's got a great concept and it has awesome ideas, it also seems very possible, and the production time would be cut in half because of all the available models and stuff....Brilliant!

I just hope you guys can complete this mod, I just saw one of the most promising mods go under (Kaiburr Saga) :-(

P.S.

I have a few questions please...

1. Are you going to get rid of team skins? It's pretty obvious that you would but I just want to make sure :) I was just wondering how Bounty Hunters would work? Perhaps Jango for the Rebels and Boba for the imperials? I don't know, I just hate those dreaded team skins.

2. Will each team have its Jedi? I.E. Luke, Maul, Vader..

3. Is Solo in it? :D If so what class does he fit under? How about Chewbacca?

Ok thanks for listening if you guys need a critique or someone that is online 24/7 and will give you ideas and stuff...Let me know :D

1. Are you going to get rid of team skins? It's pretty obvious that you would but I just want to make sure I was just wondering how Bounty Hunters would work? Perhaps Jango for the Rebels and Boba for the imperials? I don't know, I just hate those dreaded team skins.

3. Is Solo in it? If so what class does he fit under? How about Chewbacca?

-qoute-

From talking to Chaff. 1. There arent going to be team skins.

2. While there will be Jedi, but I dont believe its only going to be one jedi...Jedi = one of the many classes to choose from.

3. I believe solo and Chewbacca would fit even under the Scoundrels (Smugglers etc read the site for more info on that)

of course I could be wrong , just stating what I've picked up on :)

Originally posted by The Rel)ee(V)eR

I like this mod a lot Nodata because while it's got a great concept and it has awesome ideas, it also seems very possible, and the production time would be cut in half because of all the available models and stuff....Brilliant!

I just hope you guys can complete this mod, I just saw one of the most promising mods go under (Kaiburr Saga) :-(

Yes, we have a VERY dedicated team working on the mod, which includes more than one PROFESSIONAL. So we're NOT going anywhere. We're trying to watch our backs as far as legal issues go, so we shouldn't get shut down either.

As far as using existing models, yeah that's a major benefit to doing a mod that is NOT a total conversion. New models will not have to be made, and any new models that sprout up will be able to be easily put into the mod.

I have a few questions please...

1. Are you going to get rid of team skins? It's pretty obvious that you would but I just want to make sure :) I was just wondering how Bounty Hunters would work? Perhaps Jango for the Rebels and Boba for the imperials? I don't know, I just hate those dreaded team skins.

3. Is Solo in it? :D If so what class does he fit under? How about Chewbacca?

Ok thanks for listening if you guys need a critique or someone that is online 24/7 and will give you ideas and stuff...Let me know :D

Answers:

1. Yes we ARE going to get rid of team skins. The enemy will simply be indentified as being the enemy. No nice colors to tell who is who. Simply put, if you're a Stormtrooper...better not shoot those other Stormies!

1.b. Bounty Hunters: They will be present in the mod and will function something like this...They will be a sort of Neutral team. Each team General will be able to Offer Bounty Hunter players to join their team, by offering them a sum of Credits. Bounty Hunters can accept or decline the General's offer, but will only gain points for skills if they are actively working for a team. The more money a Bounty Hunter collects from the different teams, the more skills he will be given, and the more equipment he'll be able to purchase. Becareful though. Since BOTH teams can bid on the same Bounty Hunter, they could switch sides at any time, and won't generally be trusted by EITHER side because of this. "Bounty hunters? We don't need their kind of scum!"

2. Yes, both teams will have Jedi...well the Empire team will have Sith, but that's a given. And we plan to use Most if not ALL of the major characters from the movies. So yeah, Luke, Vader, Maul..will all be in there in their appropriate timelines.

3. Solo: He's PLANNED to be in it, as a Scoundrel or Smuggler class. As to what the special benefits are going to be for that class...well you'll just have to wait and see!

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by QuietSith

Too bad one mod replaces another, if you made it so your mod was an extension of JK 2 ++ I'd consider trying it out on my server (when your mod works) otherwise, no.

I don't think that you understand the depths this mod will go. JK2++ merely improves upon the existing elements in Jedi Outcast, and makes no major attempt to add new ones. Now, while that is GREAT for what it is, it's not the same as Jedi Fortress.

I'm not flaming JK2++, I think it's a GREAT idea. I'm just stating that it's not a major modification, merely a server tweak to the exisiting game. :cool:

Archived