Home

Jedi Fortress!!

Lord Nodata

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by QuietSith

Do you plan on boosting the forces, saber fighting, and removing assfighting, as does the JK 2 ++ mod?

See my concern?

You're still thinking on a smaller scale. "Assfighting" won't be a problem in the mod, as not every character will be a Jedi, or even have access to force powers. As far as boosting the force powers...YES. That is planned already and we've even done some preliminary testing with Level 4 force powers. Saber Fighting will be tweaked as well, and will probably NOT rely on Movement + Key commands to do a specific attack. It will instead rely upon button combinations and your level of skill. In this way, instead of swinging while running away from your enemy, just to get the attack you want to come out, you will be able to perform EXACTLY whichever swing you want to do, WHEN you want to do it.

So yeah...you could say we're going to tweak saber fighting. :D

Looks absolutely amazing, if you can pull it off (of which, so far, I have complete faith you will).

I'll definatly be watching it...but I have a question:

You mentioned that Luke, Vader, ect. would be in scenarios on their proper timeline...who determines the players that get to take on these, obviously, massive roles, and what advantages will they have over others? Or will they be NPCs (AI) and I just missed that somewhere?

In any situation, however, this mod looks EXTREMELY promising, I'll definatly play.

Originally posted by mythren

Looks absolutely amazing, if you can pull it off (of which, so far, I have complete faith you will).

I'll definatly be watching it...but I have a question:

You mentioned that Luke, Vader, ect. would be in scenarios on their proper timeline...who determines the players that get to take on these, obviously, massive roles, and what advantages will they have over others? Or will they be NPCs (AI) and I just missed that somewhere?

In any situation, however, this mod looks EXTREMELY promising, I'll definatly play.

Thanks! Now on to your questions!

Luke, Vader etc: Will all be player classes. Jedi to be exact (or Sith). Just the same as you can choose to play a Jedi now, you will be able to choose to play a Jedi within the mod. As of now, there's no limit to the amount of Jedi we are planning on allowing per team (however one may be coded in the future if we find a need for such a limit.) Jedi players though, will start with few force powers and skills (Just like all classes) and will have to play well to and work towards their goals to become a Jedi Master. Sith, on the other hand are a different story. At any given time, there will probably be only 2 Sith players ("Always 2 there are, a master and an apprentice."). For the Darkside, there will be other Sith players, but they will only allowed to obtain a small amount of power before they will have to Challenge the current MASTER or APPRENTICE Sith, to take his/her place.

Jedi will be given their own limits...to balance them out with the 2 Sith...

How's that sound?

i am very excited about this mod, so while i cannot provide a lot of time to help (or skills for that matter), I CAN make classes pretty well (i have for DnD and other RPG's) if you give me a layout, stats for the class, etc., i can jazz it up, make it awesome looking, whatever. thats about ALL i can do lol

another thing, what about x-wing battles or snow speeders on Hoth - AI or CPU controlled?

:jawa :jawa :jawa awesome idea again :jawa :jawa :jawa

Originally posted by Lord Nodata

("Always 2 there are, a master and an apprentice

Thanks, but I always took this to mean that no Sith was a loner, each either had a master they learned from, or an apprentice they taught. I didn't know there could only be two Sith at one time. Then again, I've never read any of the books except a few about Leia and Han Solo's Twins, and that was a long time ago.

However, I think my question was misunderstood. You said Jedi and Sith will be playable, but also SPECFIC ones too, like Luke and Vader...I took this to mean that there could be lots of Jedi, but only one Luke, and lots of Sith, but only one Vader...

I personally think classes are a bad idea.

Just use inv/ammo/weapon stations like in Tribes and people can customize their own classes.

That way they can get deployables like forcefields, sentry's, etc, and you can get all your weapons and ammo in one place.

Thanks! Now on to your questions!

Luke, Vader etc: Will all be player classes. Jedi to be exact (or Sith). Just the same as you can choose to play a Jedi now, you will be able to choose to play a Jedi within the mod. As of now, there's no limit to the amount of Jedi we are planning on allowing per team (however one may be coded in the future if we find a need for such a limit.) Jedi players though, will start with few force powers and skills (Just like all classes) and will have to play well to and work towards their goals to become a Jedi Master. Sith, on the other hand are a different story. At any given time, there will probably be only 2 Sith players ("Always 2 there are, a master and an apprentice."). For the Darkside, there will be other Sith players, but they will only allowed to obtain a small amount of power before they will have to Challenge the current MASTER or APPRENTICE Sith, to take his/her place.

Jedi will be given their own limits...to balance them out with the 2 Sith...

How's that sound?

Sorry to sound bad, but that WILL NOT WORK.

Imagine the rushing to grab the sith spot. Also, RPG elements do not work in first person shooters. It just makes people whore their way to the top skill level, making them practically invincible.

I don't see how you are going to balance jedi?

You would have to remove all weapons but lightsabers, and remove their bullet-block ability or tone it down a lot (such as halving movement speed when the block button is pressed)

Originally posted by Boreas

Imagine the rushing to grab the sith spot. Also, RPG elements do not work in first person shooters. It just makes people whore their way to the top skill level, making them practically invincible.

I don't see how you are going to balance jedi?

You would have to remove all weapons but lightsabers, and remove their bullet-block ability or tone it down a lot (such as halving movement speed when the block button is pressed)

Removing all weapons but the lightsabers from the Jedi and Sith is already planned. Jedi and Sith will use nothing but lightsabers in the mod (well force powers too, but that's a given).

As far as players "rushing to get the sith spot," perhaps you all misunderstood me. See there will be any number of Sith players at one time, however, only 2 of them will be able to obtain any actual power. In order for a Sith that is not one of those 2 to obtain any amount of power, he must challenge and defeat one of the ones IN power. If he loses, he loses skill points and/or credits. If he wins, he gains skill points and the ability to advance as a Sith. The previous Master, will be dethroned and pushed back to lower level. Such is the price one pays for following the darkside. A quick and easy path to power (simply defeat those above you) but you also MUST defend your title.

Jedi will have it a bit easier, though will probably advance slower.

Does that make it a little clearer?

You know...Jedi were just people too...not gods.

yeah...remove all weapons, and having to actually WORk at blocking....would be like the movies.

I never saw Luke running around with a weapon after he got into the Jedi state. Never saw Obi-Wan running around with a repeater, or even a blaster.

Jedi were people. Everday people, just that they were FORCE SENSITIVE. That's why they get force powers....they weren't the "unkillables" One blaster sht could kill them if the Jedi didn't work on blocking it.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Jedi were people. Everday people, just that they were FORCE SENSITIVE. That's why they get force powers....they weren't the "unkillables" One blaster sht could kill them if the Jedi didn't work on blocking it.

Ah yes... where does staying-true-to-the-movie end and game-playability begin?

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Originally posted by Wes Marrakesh

dang, i haven't gotten an email yet...

looks REALLY DAMN GOOD:cool:

can't wait for it!

Hey,

The email function of the board is not working here...PM me your email addy please, and we'll send one out to you.

-nodata

THAT is right.

Ok then, I'm still confused about the whole Jedi and Jedi Masters type thing.

Example: If there was a game, and, say, 4 people chose to play Jedi (Not Sith, Jedi)...and Luke Skywalker was supposed to be in that campaign, what would determine WHICH of those 4 got to play Luke?

Archived