Home

Community idea's for a possible SW:GB 2

Darth Windu

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that crazy dog meant that as some kind of joke. After all, he did say he'd be back, but this is some kind of disconnected unrelated nonsensical sentence.

Arthur- Lah? Hmmm.... a Tawainese expletive? Ooh, something else to use on unsuspecting mono-lingual people. *evil grin*

I think that the elements of "uniqueness" in each civ will give plenty enough options for completely different tactics. For example, the speed and lack of strength of the Imp fighters will encourage hit-and-run or massing tactics, while the Rebs' sturdier and stronger fighters will be more suited to full-attack and open-battle tactics. Of course, different commanders might choose to use each force in a different way, and I wouldn't want to discourage individual strategies; I'd just like a bit more realism and 'unique-ness' in the units.

Vostok, I think- I wouldn't quite like having to make decisive choices about my units. It's always good to leave all options open for several reasons. For one, it's better that the unknowing commander will not be forced to make an executive decision which might disrupt his whole battle plan. For two, a game with variety and few restrictions is a good game, and I doubt anyone will disagree with me in this.

In conclusion, unique strategies and the like can be achieved to a greater extent by way of differences between the actual units and techs of the civs, without having to actually make choices between different units and technologies.

Archived