Home

Combos

leelink

though I know this has probably been mentioned before I though I would relist some of the combos

1. pull/saberthrow -throw saber then pull right before it hits them

2. kick/DFA -Kick someone to the ground and immediately go into a DFA (Death from above)

3. pull or push down your opponent then saber throw and then Kick (reapeat the throw and kick if they fall on thier back again)

4. pull your opponnent toward you when in close, kick them as they fly toward you, then if they fall down you can follow with a light lunge and saberthrow. (if you are getting kicked after the lunge then change the lunge for a saberthrow and kick

5. Grip, then move them above you quickly and push, then dfa where they will land or backstab.

these combos work about 99% pecent of the time once you have the timing down. I finished opponents using this combos in just seconds after the match started. thier almost as deadly as backstab and give you more options during a match. please list any other combos you know of.

Originally posted by leelink

1. pull/saberthrow -throw saber then pull right before it hits them

2. kick/DFA -Kick someone to the ground and immediately go into a DFA (Death from above)

3. pull or push down your opponent then saber throw and then Kick (reapeat the throw and kick if they fall on thier back again)

4. pull your opponnent toward you when in close, kick them as they fly toward you, then if they fall down you can follow with a light lunge and saberthrow. (if you are getting kicked after the lunge then change the lunge for a saberthrow and kick

5. Grip, then move them above you quickly and push, then dfa where they will land or backstab.

Well, I don't like combos like this, so I'll list defences against them instead.

1. Absorb

2. Crouch

3. Absorb

4. Absorb

5. Absorb

I know that Leelink will say he'd just wait out the Absorb, but that's upwards of 27 seconds of pure saber combat. Unless you're in a duel or a saber-only server, you could whip out a gun, drop a portable turret, start lobbing mines or thermal detonators....or you could just wade in with the saber swinging and actually fight saber to saber.

I have Absorb set to MOUSEWHEELDOWN. All I have to do is quickly flick on Absorb, I can do it in under a second, and it's just as easy to flick off.

My other defense is a good offense. You need time to line these combos up and execute them. I would never stop moving, never stop attacking, I'd keep switching stances, throw in the occasional kick, use the Force only when I thought you were low. I'd probe for weaknesses, even at Master level you can't max out every Force power, and once found I'd exploit them.

The only combo that works is one that your opponent ALLOWS to work. I prefer the Bruce Lee method of Jeet Kun Do....be fluid, adapt, never stick to set moves or patterns, always attack as strongly as possible, attack the same way twice only when you think your opponent won't think you will....

As long as you have the various moves down pat and you can do them at will, fixing yourself into combos just limits you.

Don't get stuck in a console-gamer mindset. This game isn't like Mortal Kombat where you can hit jump twice, kick, high punch, high punch, crouch and low kick and spin through your opponent throwing lightning bolts and ice balls left and right then stand up at the end with your fist raised saying "Strong!"....

Just one thing tempest8008.

Absorb will stop push/pull but you still do the "block animation" at close range.

A pull/kick or pull saber throw will land 100% of the time on an absorb user if done quickly. You simply time the hit (the kick or throw) for the moment they do the block animation.

I had these done to me several times while using absorb, I caught on to the flaw in absorb and began using these myself to great success.

the counter for the saber throw and pull is to roll to the side as soon as you see the saber come out. this is a great counter for saber throwers also, but this is definately your best counter, you will avoid it each time and then you can turn and do it to your opponent while he waits for his saber to come back. previously I posted to roll under the saber throw, but that counter isnt very effective because thier saber will hit you in the back, but rolling to the side will counter it 100% and give you the option for a counter attack.

the only counter absorb would work on is #5 combo with grip. all other combo's can be done wether you have absorb on or not. and here is why... you can still kick someone if they are using absorb (how do you think i come up with these) I had a hard time with absorb, because I am for the most part a neutral force player, so I had to come up with something better then waiting it out and these combos work perfectly. I can still pull you even though you have absorb on. you may not move, but you will halt for about 1 to 2 seconds wich is long enough in most cases to begin some of the combos.

and as far as i know there is no range for the saber throw and then pull move. you would only be limited by your pull range to that person. which from my experience can be quit a bit away.

Archived