Home

A question on SP NPCs

INanE

Umm i donno but you could try looking at the scripting commands that makes

them stop following you at various points in the game. Like in cloud city:

you meet two groups of guards both of which decide to 'cover your back'

a little while after you team up.

I have an idea but i havent tried it yet.

Set the npc's playerteam to neutral but leave his enemy team on enemy.

In theory he should still shoot at stormtroopers etc but wont consider himself

as being allied with you directly. This might cause problems with the bit

of team tactics coding they have im not shure.

so from this:

playerTeam player

enemyTeam enemy

change it to this:

playerTeam neutral

enemyTeam enemy

for the record the team choice names are: none, player, enemy, neutral

so maybe all neutral npcs work together? but are neutral guys armed?

You can arm a neutral guy, dunno if he'll fight back. However neutral won't give you that green crosshair. ICARUS would let you make a true friendly and not follow. Heck, in the Tavion level you have friendly guys attacking you.

Okay, I extracted my npcs.cfg and made the changes you suggested, unfortunatley it didn;'t seem to make a difference in the game. Would there be any other files located in the .pk3 files that define npc behavior?

I have attempted to do this myslef and it''s not working for me either I wanted the Jedi Trainer to attack the player so I changed him to

playerteam enemy

enemyteam player

and it didn't work for me-there is a tool called the simple bot editor but you must havve moicosoft runtime or framework.net which can be downloaded from tools\windows update

If you know anything about making scripts its not real hard to make a Specific NPC to change his enemy (this is limited tho to being triggered and without testing it myself im guessing that the NPC wouldnt fight anyone BUT the certain target you want it to... or if you want him to stand in a certain place for a certain reason a script can be made for that too. IF im totally off here dont worry bout it, wouldnt be the first time.

I just found out a problem with the neutral setting. After I made the changes and loaded the mod all the NPCs would do is run on the spot. I also noticed when you make them the enemy the weapon changes as well too. I'll try to figure it out but I think it may be scripting as some of you have said.

Archived