Home

All nighter spin-off: The Hunt for Donga

DudEhead

OOC: I'll leave a timespan over for my companion to introduce himself and get aquainted, after it, the story continues...

IC: He went back to the cell and the obese man was already sitting up straight, drinking some water that stood there. "So guess thins didn't turn out quite the way you had thought hun?" "What are you goig to do with me?" "Well, I guess I'll turn you in with the rebels, but I'll make a stop at one of the local moons first. Don't worry although the bounty on your head is enough to cover the damages me and your men made at the All Nighter, I don't think ay harm will come to you, they will probably just imprison you and maybe first even give you the chance to collaborate." The obese man stared in front of him, and didn't say anything. Donga went back to the cockpit and prepared the vessel for landing. He sat down his ship at a remote area and stepped out, he turned round towards his companion "Stay inside please, if you want, you can have something to drink or eat, just ask my droid, don't touch any buttons, although it won't do anything, as I am the only person who has and ever will have clearance to my ship's controls. I'll be back in fifteen minutes at the most." he then closed the door of his ship again and walked into the forest, drawing one of his blasters and shooting some creature that leaped out of a tree, jumping at him with it's claws prepared for attack, without stopping or even looking straight at his target, he shot the creature down with one shot and went onwards.

IC: Cliff gets up and walks to the droid. "What food ya got? I'm starving" "What ever you want Mr Brony" "Just get me something, I wanna be finished eating by the time your master gets back".

The droid zooms off to get some food. Cliff walks over to the obese man. "I hope you get everything coming to you, you scoundral. I remember now, what you done to my father and my friends". Weakenly the man replies "Your friends still alive". Cliffs face brightens up with suprise. "What?!?" "He managed to escape" "What about his father? Why did you attack us? Why my father??" "You know you look alot like your father, not much like your mother though" "My MOTHER?!?".

The obese man sits back and says nothing. "How do you know my mother and what she looked like? Why did you kill my father?!? ANSWER ME!!!". The obese man still prolongs to ignore Cliff. Cliff seems to be getting very very angry and looks to attack the obese man. Just as he gets in stance the droid comes back. "Mr Brony, I have you some food and drink" He looks across at the droid.

He lightens up, accepts the food and heads back to the cockpit. On his way he gives the obese man an evil look. He thinks to himself "He'll pay for what ever he's done. But not before I find out how he knows about my family and why he killed my father"

OOC: let me guess: u play jedi knight alot :)

IC: After about ten minutes, the bounty hunter got back to his ship and went in. He immediately got his ship to prepare for take-off. Checking his instruments he says to cliff, without looking at him "We're going to a planet not far from here, to turn in our friend here", Donga looks at the obese man "they've offered me forty thousand credits for him, i think that should be more than enough to cover the damages done to that bar and the time i lost on my other bounty." When he is finished, he lifts his ship and sets a course to Ryloth. He then walks over to the obese man "Guess I'll say goodbye now, so we don't have to deal with it later, I hope you have gotten a bit used to my cell, because you'll spend alot of time in a similar place." The bounty hunter gets to a back room of his ship and comes back again without any weopons, exept for the ones on his armor, and looks to Cliff "If you want to join me when turning in this bounty, you'd better leave your weapons behind on the ship, the local authorities aren't too keen on them."

((OOC: ok....bobafart....no jedi-ness. please. It will ruin things because jedis are too.....well.........godly I guess. Come up with something more original. Even force sensitivity is a little much. And Red, I'm going to let Thew post first on this thread.))

IC: Cliff nods his head. He goes into the back room and drops off his weapons. On his way back he stops by at the obese mans cell.

"Well well well, this looks like its it for you, fat man. I may not have gotten everything I want but I'll come back to visit you, don't you worry. I hope you get everything coming to you, and if not, I'll give you everything coming. I gotta go now, but you make sure you have fun now, cya"

Cliff walks back to the cockpit, not satisfied but it'll have to do for the time being. Maybe he could go back to the Boss to find out more about his famillies past. Hopefully he'll even get his fathers old job with the Boss.

The only thing Cliff could do now was to tag along with his new friend Donga until he had the chance to get back to The All Nighter, but he was in no hurry.

OOC: Contrary to what Bobo said my ship did not leave yet. Just thought I'd let you know.

IC: *Finishes preping ship for takeoff. Thinks to self: "I dunno about this Ashard guy, I don't think I trust him. Of course he probably doesn't trust me either. He is late though...*

*Serak dashes from the bar in his Verhwin morph. He raises the Verhwin's head to the night winds and sniffs. The Verhwin's good sense of smell picks up Ashard's path...

He still doesn't notice the unusual bug that has attached itself to one of his hind legs*

IC

Bustle, bustle, jog, jog.... breathe ... bustle, bustle, jog, jog... pant...

"I'm too old for this..." sighs an exhausted D'rick as he makes his way to the spaceport as fast as he can, "Varan! Thew? Hello?"

bustle, bustle, jog, jog...

(to the monkey Lizard)

"This is all your fault!"

(ML)

"A hahahahaha!)

OOC

Gaalgoth, you never said no so I'm making sure that D'rick's in place until I get a reply that says otherwise...

IC: after a while, the ship lands reaches Ryloth. After a few procedures the ship is set down on one of the landing platforms in the city. After he has landed, Donga goes back to the cell and throws a pair of binders into the obese's man cell "Put these on, and don't try to trick me please, I have a read out on their status.", he turns to Cliff and takes him back a bit, so the obese man can't hear him "We're meeting our contact i a bar in one of the dark alleys of the city. We should at least a half an hour to check things out before he arrives. As our contact is a rebel, I expect no trouble from him but our friend here might still have friends of his own waiting for us, although i doubt it. I have the ship on standby but it's rather difficult to get her to move on her own in this city, if the local radars detect her, she'll be put i a tractor beam and pulled to a storage field. Now my ship has capabilities to jam their scanning frequenties but it is not certain it will be powerfull enough to jam all frequenties with the amount of power it has now, so I'll have to turn off my weapons and prepare to send it's power to the jamming equipment. Anyway, I say again chances are slim we will encounter difficulties here, I would expect them to occur back at the All nighter, because the Zabrak I tranquilized didn't seem to happy about it."

The bounty hunter goes back to the obese man and sees he hasn't put on his binders "Old man, i have lost my patience with you." The bounty hunter takes a nearby weapon and points it at the man "Now the bounty didn't acquire a certain state when dropped off, so if you don't put them on right away, I WILL shoot." The obese man looks up and laughs "Your friend here has need of my services so I don't think you will" he sits back and crosses his arms with a cocky smile on his face. "I don't care what needs he has of you, I'm telling you if u don't put them on, that I'll shoot" the obese man remains seated and kicks the binders to the bounty hunter "I'm not going anywhere" the bounty hunter shoots the obese man three times "And i think you are." he turns to Cliff "Don't worry, this is just a stunning weapon, no harm done."

Donga opens the cell and puts the binders on the obese man then calls for his droid "alert me when he's awake again", the droid beeps. He then opens the door of his ship and walks to the local authorities who are standing outside with a searching device "May we hope you have cleared your armor of all weapons?" the man with the device scans Donga and then Cliff "both clean. He then proceeds to the bar. When they arrive he goes inside and walks to the bartender, again he picks out the darkest spot in the bar and seats himself there. When Cliff sits besides him he turns his head "Scans so far give nothing... I hope we don't get any trouble because i couldn't get much through that scanning device unnoticed and I'd rather not torch this place or have to usemy lasers again." He orders himself a drink and when it is brung he looks at Cliff "Looks like our friend is awake, I'll go get him, u remain here, I'll be back in five minutes, the contact shouldn't arrive the next ten minutes so I should be back in time."

Cliff sits back in his chair. "Ah nothing like dirty old scum bag drawing bars I say" he mumbles to himself. He orders a drink from the service droid. He looks around the bar himself. Nothing too unusual. He spreads himself out and kicks back to relax. "Ten minutes you say, should be able to atleast get two drinks in within that time" he says once again to himself as if Donga was still seated my his side.

As Donga comes back with the obese man, he notices an eery silence on the streets and scans for possible threats, nothing. He goes into the bar and sees nothing changed the way it was five minutes ago. He walks up to Cliff "Drugged him a bit, so we shouldn't have any trouble with him". As he seats himself down a man, dressed in a long brown coat steps into the bar, he looks around and immediately comes to the booth Donga is sitting "So... we finally have him huh... but err, any luck on finding the other bounty?" Donga rids the obese man of the binders "Got a few leads but nothing good yet, seems this one's real sly." The man in the long coat takes his own pair of binders and puts them on the obese man, he then seets himself down and takes out a datapad. "The credits should be transferred, if u want to check it now, i'd like to get out of here as soon as possible, only brought three men along with me and don't feel too safe in this town" The bounty is silent for a moment and then looks to Cliff "hmmm, seems we even have some extra, fiftyfive thousand credits." He turns back to the man in the long coat "Ok, I guess I'll see u real soon, nice doing business with you?" He shakes the hand of the man in the long coat and gestures for Cliff to follow. At the door he stops and laughs quietly "Hmm, and here I was, thinking we'd get into another heap of trouble" and then steps through.

As he steps outside he notices the eery silence is still there and that the street is totally empty. He stops and scans again. As Cliff is about to step outside he turns around and pushes him back in. "Wait here, my scanners picked up a squad of imps coming this way and my ship's antenna picked up some calls between the local authorities and imperials." He goes back to the back to the booth where the man in the long coat is still seated "We've got company, squad of imps is guarding the front door and will probably come rushing through that door in two minutes and two more squads are on their way, I suggest we leave through the back." He signals to the bartender who reaches under his counter, a nearby door unlocks and Donga goes through, followed by Cliff and the man in the long coat "I'll get my men to stall em a bit if they can".

Ashard was making his way slowly up the street, whistling to himself. He knew he was running a little late, but he wasn't going to let Thew see him sweat. After all, Thew would probably be waiting for him. Ashard goes around a corner and sees the docking bay at the end of the street. He begins to feel as if he was being watched. He continues walking. He notices the sound of heavy footsteps behind him, several of them, and they were closing in fast. Drawing his blasters, Ashard whips around only to see a huge creature lumbering towards him.

Ashard

What the hell!?

Ashard opens fire as the creaure emits a strange howling roar and strikes him in the stomach with a powerful blow. Ashard goes flying backwards, dropping his blasters. In mid flight, he crashes into D'rick and the two roll along the street for about 7 feet. D'rick looks back and sees the creature and he freezes in terror.

D'rick

What is that thing?

Ashard

Who cares, it's pissing me off.

Ashard swings his rifle off of his shoulder and pumps it once. He takes aim at the creature running towards him and fires. A grenade flies out with a thunk and hits the creature in the neck just below it's head. The explosion knocks the creature backwards and off of it's feet. It lies momentarily on the ground, stunned. It's thick carapace apparently protected it from any significant damage.

Ashard

Get to the docking bay and tell Thew to pick me up out here, I'm going to try and hold this thing off.

D'rick gets up and runs off, his monkey lizard howling with laughter. Ashard pumps his rifle once more and takes aim at the creature which is now getting back on it's feet. He fires once again, to the same effect. Ashard charges the creature and leaps onto it's head. In a crouched position he begins blasting the creature's head repeatedly with lasers. The creature gets back on it's feet and shakes it's head violently, Ashard manages to hold onto his rifle, but he loses his footing and ends up hirtling through the air and into a wall. Looking up from the ground, he sees the creature right above him. He pumps his rifle and once more takes aim.

Ashard

Come get some!

Ashard pulls the trigger.

CLICK

The creature roars again and grabs Ashard with a powerful hand. Lifting him high into the air, it raises a bladed limb and prepares to impale Ashard. As the limb flies towards Ashard's stomach, It changes into a large white fist. It hits Ashard squarely and knocks the wind out of him. The creature looks at teh fist in disbelief, and before Ashard's eyes it begins to shrink and take the form of a white humanoid. It drops Ashard, who lands on the ground. Scrambling to his feet, Ashard collects his blasters and rifle that he dropped. Shouldering the rifle, he holds a blaster in his right hand and wraps his left arm around his ribs where he was hit so badly. He points the blaster at the still changing form of Serak.

Ashard

Serak?

Serak

Yes, it's me......surprised?

Serak laughs maniacally

Ashard

I don't know what the hell happened to you, but at the same time I don't really care.

As Ashard pulls the trigger to shoot Serak, Thew's ship lands just behind Ashard. The landing surprises Asahrd and he misses Serak's head. The blast hits Serak in the left shoulder, and Serak falls backwards in a spin.

Thew

Ashard! Get in now!

Ashard limps to the door and jumps in. As the ship takes off, Ashard looks down at Serak who is now back on his feet. Serak waves to Ashard.

Serak

We'll meet again, Varan.

The door closes and Ashard collapses into a seat.

((OOC: Ok, so I rped with people a little bit....hope not too much =) ))

IC

D'rick

"Interesting, a shapeshifter that isn't a clawdite... very interesting I shall have to do some research..."

"Now where were we gentlemen, do we have a lead on where this Donga fellow is running to?"

Monkey Lizard

"A hahahahah"

D'rick slaps the lizard

D'rick

"Oh shut up or I'll space you out of the airlock..."

Ashard

Dammed if I know......

Ashard massages his left side and winces in pain as he touches his ribs.

Ashard

Looks like he bashed me up pretty good. I think he cracked a few ribs. I've run into this guy before.....he was always pretty wierd, but he wasn't able to shapeshift before.

D'rick

Any idea why he'd be after you?

Ashard

Well a while back we worked on a mission together and he doublecrossed me, took my half of the bounty and left me for dead. Since then I've been the bouncer at the All-nighter.

D'rick

Hmmm.....Well, I'll do some research and try to discover how this creature is able to change shapes.

As D'rick leaves the room Ashard watches him out of teh corner of his eye. He had spun a pretty good tale there. It sounded solid to him, and if need be the Twi'lek didn't look like he would be much of a challenge. But he didn't think that things would come to that. In the mean time he needed to heal.

((OOC: ok, so that story Ashard told isn't true. That's kind of obvious there, but just making sure because some people are slower than others =) ))

IC: *Takes off an punches in coordinates for Ryloth, then leaves the cockpit*

*Sees D'rick and draws a blaster pistol*

Thew : What the hell are you doing on my ship.

D'rick : I jumped on to get away from Serak.

Thew : Well you'll be jumping off as soon as we get to Ryloth ok?

D'rick : Yes, of course...

*Looks at Ashard*

Thew : Man! What happened to you?

Ashard : I ran into Serak, he shapeshifted.

Thew : Who is this Serak guy anyway...nevermind that you can tell me later...if you want theres a small bacta tank in the back.

OOC: Sorry if i rped to much for you guys.

((OOS: Serak is yellow-green-skinned actually :D))

*inside, despite his cocky send-off, Serak is fuming. It had taken way too long to find Ashard, and when he had, the damn morph's two hour time limit had run dry. He'd been forced to shift out of the Verhwin's body right in the middle of the fight! But at least he could be impressed with that. Not many beings could control a morphing like he's done; and he'd managed to stay in the fight, even if Ashard had got away.*

Fool! I'll show you! Ow! *he accidentally rubs his blaster wound* Time to get rid of that. *Serak shapeshifts again, this time into a small lizard-like roadrunner*

<I'll show you what happens when you cross ME!>

*Serak runs into the darkness, headed for his ship. Ashard may have gotten away this time, but he had sources that could tell him where he was going. If everything went right, he could still get his revenge, along with the fattest bounty a hunter had ever laid eyes on.

Behind him, the girl from the club drops out of a tree. She begins to shapeshift herself, into a small but fast simple blue bird. She flies after Serak*

((OOS: Serak isn't just going after Ashard *just* for revenge...there's another motive. Just so you know ;)))

Archived