Home

Saber help

JediGeorge

I know this has probably been in millions of threads before, but i need some help on duels. I've read all kinds of strategy articles about sabering and such, but still no luck. Am i missing somethin, that everyone else knows? consider me a :newbie:

One most important thing to remember is.... If you are swinging your saber then you are not blocking. When I first started JKII I did not realise that. Swinging is great, I mean you have to swing and attack and kill to win, but blocking is a crucial aspect of sword fighting.

Originally posted by JediGeorge

Thx guys, I never realized the blocking thing. Those guides helped to explain alot. I'm actually getting kills now :D

too bad those guides are flawed in quite a few areas

if you try to block everything you end up dead

i'm working on a saber guide;)

http://jkhq.ath.cx

i've also got some guides up there and if you go to the articles page you'll find some more guides

Something i found that worked with me:

Forget specials. They can earn you kills quickly but they don't do that much to improve your feeling for the attacks and you look silly if that is all you can do.

You can start with the stance you like the best and then train with that, till you feel you have it somewhat under control. Then move on to the next stance. It worked for me, even though I pretty much only stick with the stance I started with: medium - but that is my preference.

It's really about practice and getting a feeling for the attacks length, power and *vulnerable spots during mid-swing*. The last is quite important.

Another sidenote: Distance works far better than blocking, as already have been said. Never trust your blocking - it can fail at the most miserable of times.

And you can actually block while swinging with 1.03, though it is haphazard to do so. At least you'll both get hit if you go button-mashing on each other.

Try to avoid the close and personal "brawls", you will usually both come out severely wounded, and they are hard to control. never get closer to your opponent than you have to. keep your distance and remember that your foe has to hit your *body* not your saber.

Just my tips - subject to flaming.

Archived