Home

Double sabers cracked! Pics inside!

-Chrono_MOT-

Here's some pics of yours truly testing out Dest's new mod, I'll give you one guess as to what it is and what it promises to bring everyone:

dualsaber1.jpg

dualsaber2.jpg

dualsaber3.jpg

dualsaber4.jpg

dualsaber5.jpg

Good job Dest! Hammer out the bugs and get this thing released!

Oh yea, and btw this is incredibly fun playing with two sabers, he's working on getting and Desaan's one handed stance in the game so you can have a dual-saber stance.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bobafett101

That's amazing but can you have two different colored lightsabers at the same time?

i've seen a dual-blade-saber like maul's with two different colors created by tchouky, so i believe it should be possible to do this as well.

eventually, yes you will be able to have two different colors. for now, this will do until dest figures it out more. once i take a better look at the source I will be able to make two saber models instead of both being the same.

Oh yea, and we'll be fixing it so that Tavion and Desann's stances are the ones that use double sabers.

edit: oh yes, and yes you can have two destoyers.

I've suggested that to Dest, because everyone DOES end up running around with Dual Sabers ^_^.

I'm looking into seeing if this in fact works in SP, which I doubt it does due to different game code. I wanna see that Dooku/Anakin/Yoda fight as much as you do ^_^.

darthweaver, it is hard to tell how long it will be until it is released. I have explained to Dest that it is best for him to get it working to where everyone doesn't have it, it has its own stance, and to where you can toggle it - otherwise it will be a rather pointless mod. I'll have more screenshots for you later.

Perhaps you could make it like one of the ep2 saber mods I've seen.

You start out with a normal saber, but if you deactivate then reactivate it, it becomes a double-sided lightsaber. And if you do it again, it goes back to normal.

Perhaps this would work with this mod.

It would help to keep bots from running around with 2 sabers, since they never deactivate theres.

1.Can you actually swing the second lightsaber or is it just still?

2.Have you managed to alter the stance so it alternates between attacking with left hand and right hand?

3.Can the second one block blaster fire?

4.can you have one dual blade saber and one single blade?

5.can you use different models for each??

:confused:

1. no, animations remain the same but some moves swing both sabers separately, that's why using desann or tavion's stances is vital to the credibility :p

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. No, not yet.

5. Yes, as soon as I take a closer look I can probably figure this one out. It may not be possible since there is only one saber model in MP. If this works in SP, it's entirely possible.

And yes, that is someone holding two destroyers in the background :p

you can use the second saber. unfortunately no one has the time or resources to make new animations for the game, so you can't do it at this time. Both sabers do damage - that's one main thing that counts. When the mod is finally released go into Yellow stance or if it's available Desann or Tavion and you will see how much of a difference having two sabers makes.

Archived