Home

Let's Taunt

Young David

hehehehe,

one of many fun things of Age of Kings were the taunt. We expect no less from Battlegrounds. Ofcourse there will be taunts. But ... which one ... and how?

Most likely it will be pretty standard like the ones on AoK ... but then in Star Wars style. But what would be fun would be Civ specific taunts. Each Civ has it's own sets of taunts.

It would be rather silly when you're the Wookiees figthing the Gungans and you hear "Don't make me destroy you" spoken by Darth Vader :vadar: coming from the other side. Instead you should hear something like "Yousa bombad, Gungans punish you to da death" spoken by Boss Nass.

So depending on wich civ you're playing, you'll have a different set of taunts. Ofcourse, the numerical shortcut to each of them will be the same.

An example:

You're base is under attack, you'll want to threathen the enemy and press 15 (just for the example) and the taunt the enemy will get depends from your civ, so they will hear this:

Empire: "The ability to destroy our base is insignificant next to the powers of the Force" (Darth Vader):vadar:

Rebels: "You can take our base, but you will not win our war for freedom" (Princess Leia):leia:

Gungans: "Yousa think yousa is smart, huh? Yousa shall feel the wrath of the Gungans!" (Boss Nass)

Naboo: "I will not sit back whille you kill my people" (Queen Amidala):amidala:

Wookiee: "Rwhoooooorrhhhwaaarhrraarh" (some Wookiee, they all sound the same)

I don't know if Lucasarts will do this, probably not. But I think it's worth a try. Cause I myself would find it really cool.

So far ... my say:amidala:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tie Guy

Those sound great, but it would be funny if Leia said, "You can take our base, but you'll never take out Freedom!"

Guest Rogue15

Gungans: "Yousa think yousa is smart, huh? Yousa shall feel the wrath of the Gungans!"

Trade Federation: "You must be mistaken. You assume too much" it'd be in Nute Gunray's voice though.

The taunst in Age2 were funny and usefull to use when playing with your friends because you could use them as jokes and etc.

Example:

Me = ComradCanuck

Friend of mine = Batman

ComradCanuck: "Quit touchin' me!"

Batman: "No"

ComradCanuck: "Rogaan?" (sound from Age1)

Batman: "It is good to be the king"

ComradCanuck: "All hail! King of the losers!"

Batman: "ooohhh"

Batman: "aaahhh"

ComradCanuck: "Start the game already!"

(all of the above were sounds, all we did was type numbers that correspond to the taunts)

okay so you get the point. The taunts were for fun. I hope LEC makes the taunt NOT to serious. Like we could hold up conversations with just taunts.

*checks his taunt directory*

But the best part was you could just simply download a new wav file. Add a number in front of it like: "43 you newbie.wav"

and in the game all you had to do is type 43 and voila!

No code editing or whatever. Just simply add it into the proper directory

Guest Tie Guy

Ha, that sounds fun, i hope that they do that in BattleGrounds too.

BTW, you could record your own taunts if you have a microphone. They quality may not be the best, but it would work.

Guest Starnick10287

Empire: Feel the power of the dark side! (darh vader)

Gunguns: Mesa's enemy go boom-boom. (boss nass)

Rebels: May the force be with me. (someone in the rebel allaince)

Guest Tie Guy

Trade Federation: Destroy them immediately --droid

Wookies: waaarrrrrrrrrah, Waurrrrrrrrrrrrrr. --wokie guy

Naboo: For Naboo! For freedom. --nubian guy

Archived