Home

screenshots and advice needed on clever level design

patchx

2 new screenies of my level

on the 2nd screenshot theres a section of city i built that i need to look more smashed up

does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this that wouldnt be to detrimental to r_speeds?

ive been cutting up the brushes to make them look jagged and broken etc but its making the tris count pretty high

-patch

i havent smashed it up at all yet though,

i want it to look like a war has taken place, though not as destroyed as the 1st screenie

should i just start taking chunks out of buildings do u think?

because i've already hint brushed it but theres still a bit of detail getting drawn from around the corner. so gotta be careful

i could just make some pillars lopsided and scorch marks on the walls etc i suppose

-patch

wat it neds is that industial abience like huge smoke stacks shooting flame out and maybe a bunch of ppl voices that scream or yell it guve it a feeling of war torness....ok its prob not wat u wanted but good sound like that would make it seem more war torn without adding anything to the map itself

im gonna use an mp3 of war noises with explosion and screams as background sound

the problem with heaps of fx runners spewing forth smoke and fire is what it will do to fps

but ill include a few here and there

Archived