Home

Multiplayer: Have times changed for you?

Prime

Do you still enjoy MP as much as you did before?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still enjoy MP as much as you did before?

• Loved MP before, and I love it now. Must...get...kills
    • Liked it a lot before, less so now because everyone does
    • Liked it before, but I stopped playing because of
    • Liked it before, and love it even more now because I learned how to
    • I just play SP/MP against bots because the AI doesn\'t spam

I've played multiplayer since the game came out, and I have gotten pretty good at it. I have learned to defeat the pull/backstabbers, the assfighters, and spinning backsweepers. On occasion they'll get me, but this doesn't really upset me, since I should have avoided it. The worst part is, sometimes I get pissed off and do the same hated moves on the person that got me, just to get them back.

In the beginning I passed off all those who complained about these "styles" as whiners, or whatever. But I have found recently that after playing on most servers, even if I do well, I find that I didn't have much fun. Perhaps it's my own fault, but I started playing this game because I am a big Star Wars fan, and not necessarily a FPS fan. I like battles that are similar to the movies, and enjoy being a Jedi for a few hours. Unfortunately, that illusion is ruined a bit when everyone is running around ass backwards. It's not nessesarily those peoples fault, since they may be playing just to see how many kills they can get. I guess I'm just disappointed that there aren't a lot of servers left where you can enjoy being a Star Wars jedi for a while.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if other people feel like this too and have soured a bit on the MP game. At least there is always singleplayer I guess :)

P.S. If you know of servers that avoid this type of play (and I know they are out there, I just don't know any offhand) post it here if you like.

I agree with the comments at the top.

I play the game for fun. For that Star Wars Buzz.

If I want FPS I'll play quake 3a.

It's a shame that some people take this game too seriously. I can't even find many servers that run new maps like Richdiesels sweet Kaminio platform or Duel Of Fates.

It just seems that everyone's hell bent on being the best at yet another FPS. The light saber is just a new weapon to them.

It's a shame.

Archived