Home

New custom Npcs are possible

studman0201

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by drjimmy515

Alas, they don't fly or float, it looks more like the character is on ice, mostly sliding everywhere instead of walking or running. And they make a bunch of thwacking sounds when they die instead of the usual one.

I seem to remember "gravity" as being setable for a charecter.

You might have to do it with Icarus though, I should go look

at how probedroids are setup in the levels.

I think it is to do with the classes Joben I am going to look about it too

I think it is because each robot that can fly has it's own class.

Yep but they dont go up unless you push em up. So i put notarget on a pushed him up real High. He stayed there. When I turned notarget off he came slowly down while shooting an invisible gun. I have pics but no website to upload them to

i know this is a little off the current topic, but has anyone tried, or figured out a way to make a new npc use the double saber, it would round off maul perfectly, i imagine theres a way to do it, why raven dosent release a patch or something that will open up that damn weapon, is beyond me. Everyone likes to use it.

Hey studman my aayla wont ignite her saber she acts like it is lit and tries to fight

here is what is have:

JediAayla

{

playerModel jediaayla

saberColor blue

snd aayla

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 4

evasion 4

intelligence 5

rank captain

playerTeam player

enemyTeam enemy

// race human

class tavion

snd aayla

sndcombat aayla

sndextra aayla

sndjedi aayla

yawSpeed 200

walkSpeed 70

runSpeed 200

health 300

dismemberProbHead 99

dismemberProbArms 99

dismemberProbLegs 99

dismemberProbHands 99

dismemberProbWaist 99

scaleZ 95

}

also how do i know what to put in the snd, snd jedi.... stuff?

Looks correct, I have one that works I can show you if ya want it.\

The snds should be the same for all unless you wanted someone who has like a splitpersonality you could make him talk different in certain situations.

Here is mine

JediAayla

{

playermodel jediaayla

saberColor blue

snd jan

reactions 5

aim 4

move 5

aggression 1

evasion 5

intelligence 5

rank captain

playerTeam player

enemyTeam enemy

// race human

class jedi

snd jan

sndcombat jan

sndextra jan

sndjedi jan

dismemberProbHead 99

dismemberProbArms 99

dismemberProbHands 99

dismemberProbLegs 99

dismemberProbWaist 99

scaleZ 83

}

BTW I am working on a mod with many Jedi and many Dark Jedi. Some are from SW movies. Some made up characters, and some EU characters. I am organizing currently. I want it to be simple to edit if a person wanted to.

I am working on a new mod and can use your help, pud1, ihavedirt, Darth_GameGod, and drjimmy. Check the thread in general editing to find out more.

If you wanna help PM or e-mail me at chris_harris@attbi.com

to find out the way I am doing it. I have a way to make it easy for a person who knows nada on this subject to find the person and edit it.

Originally posted by studman0201

Maybe they are making an expansion which has an enemy who uses one therefore allowing us to unlock it when it is released.

I have heard rumors from many that an expansion is planned, and is why they are not releasing the source code.

actually source isn't going to be released even when/if an expansion pack is released. legally they're not allowed to, cuz the source is tied to jk2gamex86.dll and jk2sp.exe. despite the fact that only 10% of the Q3 Engine code was left intact, that code is still there, and legally they aren't allowed to release that since it is still id's property...

still no email back from chang... will let you all know when he does

On that same note, I'm suprised that they aren't releasing it, given their choice for absolutly no copy protection, I would have thought they would. Hopefully they are planning to release it after an expansion.

If not, an expansion would, at the least, allow for SOME more SP modding. Chang said there was a ton of stuff he wanted to implement into npcs.cfg that would allow us to change it, but he didn't have time. Perhaps this will be different for an expansion.

You know the amount of things we could do with SP source?

1.) new hilts for every jedi

2.) double sabers for any jedi

3.) double-edged sabers for any jedi

4.) adding more force powers

5.) tweaking our own AI

6.) creating our own cutscenes (I really know of no way to do this other than JK2rad I guess) complete with really nice animations and new sounds

7.) import multiplayer powers into SP game (like absorb, dark rage, etc)

I can hardly wait for GL to get that stick out of his arse.

we already had that in the def's but it was renamed (or hidden?). i wonder if we should search for more ******'s and see if there are some other bits and pieces we can change

old sp_entities.def

/*QUAKED NPC_***** (1 0 0)

emailed sp_entities.def

/*QUAKED NPC_spawner (1 0 0)

im trying to test it now. i dont know if im the best person to be testing it though coz i have limited knowledge about spawnscripts etc anyway :(

ill see what i can do though. ive been trying to do this for ages!

[edit]

it works!!!!!!!

[/edit]

[edit2]

i stuffed up my spawn script for the character and i think kyle gets affected as well. he couldnt jump or do anything. i locked him to the saber and it was weird. he kept saying, i better not try to attract any attention. ive taken out the npc spawnscript file to see what happens

[/edit2]

[edit3]

it totally works and im extremely happy. my reborn ninja with luke class i think totally wall walks and cartwheels and kicks rebornboss arse!

[/edit3]

anyone want me to upload my test pk3 file? its 300k and has a tiny little map and reborn ninja character. or do you just want me to post the entities and stuff i have in my map and the method i used?

~* beau *~

Archived