Home

NPC Mod Pack 1 released.

-Chrono_MOT-

I just made a nice new mod for everyone that should prolong SP game life (and provide some very interesting TC opportunities in the future for anyone who needs my help).

This neato mod allows you to spawn four new Jedi into the game. Count Dooku is also included in the npcs.cfg however he isn't working right now so you'll have to wait for the second release.

The following are the Jedi you can spawn to help you (in addition to Luke, Jedi, Jedi2, Jedi Trainer, and Jedi F):

Mace Windu

Anakin Skywalker

Plo Koon

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Coming next release:

Chewie

Aayla Secura

Count Dooku (as enemy)

Vader (as enemy)

There will be several releases so I recommend you grab them all in succession or you will not have a working version (if you download the latest without downloading the first one).

Screenies, of course:

shot0020.jpg

shot0021.jpg

I'm also taking suggestions on other NPCs (preferably Jedi as putting regular NPCs right now is rather tricky for me :p) I should add in future expansion packs.

Enjoy! (as soon as they put it up ^_^)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty much, yea. I'm pretty familiar with it (though I'm not incredibly saavy with it just yet ^_^) but near as I can tell you should be able to add quite a few new npcs without breaking the game. I think there's room for about 30 or so without killing it completely. I'd be careful though, if you spawn more entities than is coded on a map the game will crash in SP.

I'll have to see, because editing their force powers...

never mind it just came to my head I could give them force jump no problem. just requires some editing of their bot file. ok.

I'm on this :p

HEY! Get that battle droid out so we can release a Geonosis Arena mod!

I already asked him about it. Hopefully he gets it out soon so we can have some REAL fun (and so I can post some awesome screens with like 20 Jedi and 40 battle droids :p)

So far all the Jedi that are spawnable in-game:

Luke

Jedi

Jedi 2

Female Jedi

Jedi Trainer

Obi-Wan

Anakin

Mace Windu

Plo Koon

If I could get my hands on it I will do Chewie and Han next pack just for kicks :p

I want to add the following in the coming weeks though:

Darth Maul

Dooku

Exar Kun

Tyrion

Qui-Gon (when the model comes out)

Ki-Adi Mundi (ditto)

Aurra Sing

Mara Jade

Aayla Secura

Kit Fisto

Coleman Trebor

Yoda

Stay updated, because my mod is going to be standard updates (rather than sporadic updates like other mods), with every release working with the one before it (unlike other expansions, which are just written to work by itself).

oh I have all of em. I just have to have time to implement them all into my next NPC code. Should be fairly easy now that it doesn't take me all night to figure out how to get them working. But unforunately you have to change the directory name with my mod :( so that's where all the hard work comes in ^_^. So that way, no one has to do all the work themselves! ^_^

Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

near as I can tell you should be able to add quite a few new npcs without breaking the game. I think there's room for about 30 or so without killing it completely. I'd be careful though, if you spawn more entities than is coded on a map the game will crash in SP.

It took me quite a while last night, but I made such a mod with about 50 (and counting) different npcs. (works using either edited npcs.cfg or custom.npc). Hasn't killed anything yet. I'd be happy to send some screens of the mass chaos battle royale to anyone who'll host them - generate some more excitement for Chrono's mods. :)

Well, you can use NPC spawn xxxx for the new NPC, but they won't appear in the entities menu, and it's impossible to spawn them using ICARUS, so new entries are useless, you gotta replace old ones for it to be really useful. :(

You can spawn NPCs using entity scripts, but you can't spawn completely NEW NPCs, because they do not show up in Radiant, SP entities are hard coded, so we're screwed. There's also no ICARUS commands to spawn new NPCs, gah, I hate closed source! :mad:

Useless for now maybe, but a lot fun for just spawning and playing around with anyway :)

As a mod, it's pretty simple (compared to custom sabers, changed animation, etc.) - kind of along the lines of an SP conversion. Once the prefixes and values that can be changed are fully explored and shared, it'll probably be easier for those who have the ability to just create their own custom npc packs using the characters they want and already have.

Along those lines, Chrono, are you planning on including the skin textures in the pack? I could see how these things could get real big in filesize... Though if you just include modified folders and .npc files with linked .skin files, some may not have the patience or understanding to download the original skinpacks. Hmmm...

Archived