Home

Jedi NPC Pack 1

-Chrono_MOT-

I just made a nice new mod for everyone that should prolong SP game life (and provide some very interesting TC opportunities in the future for anyone who needs my help).

This neato mod allows you to spawn four new Jedi into the game. Count Dooku is also included in the npcs.cfg however he isn't working right now so you'll have to wait for the second release.

The following are the Jedi you can spawn to help you (in addition to Luke, Jedi, Jedi2, Jedi Trainer, and Jedi F):

Mace Windu

Anakin Skywalker

Plo Koon

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Coming next release:

Chewie

Aayla Secura

Count Dooku (as enemy)

Vader (as enemy)

There will be several releases so I recommend you grab them all in succession or you will not have a working version (if you download the latest without downloading the first one).

Screenies, of course:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/shot0020.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/shot0021.jpg

I'm also taking suggestions on other NPCs (preferably Jedi as putting regular NPCs right now is rather tricky for me :p) I should add in future expansion packs.

Enjoy! (as soon as they put it up ^_^)

I posted this originally in the modeling forum. I hope this becomes the standard for adding npcs, so that way you can add several different npcs through one npcs.cfg file (that is included in a separate pk3). I think we should all concentrate on getting the bowcaster/nader/blaster guys hammered out though, because some people use different weapons than others (like the sniper/etc...)

When I make Jango Fett spawnable in this mod (soon) he'll have a blaster, and by then I hope we figure out how to give lil Boba a disruptor :p

take all your entries and using make a wordpad document

paste all your entries.

then save your file as chrono.npc for example

so that a person can have multiple packs on his pc.

There is also a limit to the amount of npcs you can put in the npcs.cfg so for expandability my way is better

with a little posting persistance from me :D, i think studman should get most of the custom npc spawning credit (for a non expert) as he was the one that spoke to chang re: putting st before the models

im glad the forums are turning back into helping each other out because i started noticing a lot of unanswered threads (although i still notice people asking the same questions even though a forum has 3 similar threads on the same page).

~* beau *~

I'm telling you it's completely possible to add new weapons to the game. How do I know this? Because I saw the file. I just can't remember the name but it had a line like this:

Desaan

---------

saberModel "/models/weapons2/saber_desann/saber_w.glm"

with the respective paths of the other sabers for reborn, generic Jedi, and Luke.

Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

I'm telling you it's completely possible to add new weapons to the game. How do I know this? Because I saw the file. I just can't remember the name but it had a line like this:

Desaan

---------

saberModel "/models/weapons2/saber_desann/saber_w.glm"

with the respective paths of the other sabers for reborn, generic Jedi, and Luke.

Alright, but that's not making a new class... Making a new class would also include all sorts of AI coding info (like movement, jumping, wall walking, manuevering, etc) which is, unfortunatly, hard coded, and we can't change it. I e-mailed Chang and asked him if there's a way to create new classes (I figured maybe there was something like the .npcs which we don't know about) but I doubt he'll respond with yes.

Archived