Home

The Raven's Claw an easter egg?

dan123

Okay, Predator the Crow just lost a wing and with a crateful of credits it would've been good as new. Taco, JK2 is following the light side ending in Jedi Knight. In that ending Kyle crashed his ship after he escaped the falling ship, due to the force of the explosion. Jan died in the dark side ending.

Call me sentimental but I liked the Crow way better. I think Lucasarts should've modified the Moldy Crow instead of having Raven make a new ship.

Welcome to the wonderful world of corporate brainwashing. It really makes you wonder how long it will be before the big dogs (those that didn't go bankrupt, anyway) jump on video games for hidden ads like they do with the movies. Kyle Katarn drinking Coca-Cola? Scary thought. :D

My favorite anecdote on this subject is what happened in HL: Opposing Forces SP. There, the Devs programmed in a whole mechanical conundrum for you to find the "Ventilation Valve" and "Drain Gearbox," which secretly holds the names of the main developers.

But I dunno. "Raven's Claw?" My guess is it was just a way for the Devs to score a few brownie points with Raven, and said company let it pass for the above.

Merc out. :fett:

Originally posted by Ben_Walker

Taco, JK2 is following the light side ending in Jedi Knight. In that ending Kyle crashed his ship after he escaped the falling ship, due to the force of the explosion. Jan died in the dark side ending.

I never played, JK. Am I to understand that in that game, you control Kyle and could have him go either Light or Dark?

Originally posted by Ben_Walker

Okay, Predator the Crow just lost a wing and with a crateful of credits it would've been good as new.

Just a wing, then it hit the ground, slid, rolled crashed & burned. Gimme a break. It was toast. They were on the planet that hid the Valley of the Jedi, they had no way of getting the trashed ship off the ground, and they can't tell anyone where the valley is to bring help.

Just a wing, then it hit the ground, slid, rolled crashed & burned.

It only burned abit, not like it was totally destroyed. But I think Raven should'nt have called it the Raven Claw. Seems kinda cheap calling the ship after one of the companies that made the game.

Archived