Home

Problems connecting with 1.04

Mallakai

Just got the 1.04, installed it, and tried to connect to a server. Get error 'server uses protocol 15'. Any clues? Im guessing this is prob because none of the servers ive tried have 1.04 yet..but the notes that came with the release said the ingame browser should only list server w/ 1.04 enabled on them, which doesnt appear to be true. Tried to go back to 1.03, but it will not let me rollback to previous version, w/out reinstalling. Any ideas?

*holding up sign*

----------------------------------------------

- -

- -

- -

- Technical Help 5 km - -

- -

- -

- -

- -

----------------------------------------------

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

EDIT: Damn lucasforums, took out all the spaces!

you can figure it out though, right;)

Originally posted by Mallakai

Just got the 1.04, installed it, and tried to connect to a server. Get error 'server uses protocol 15'. Any clues? Im guessing this is prob because none of the servers ive tried have 1.04 yet..but the notes that came with the release said the ingame browser should only list server w/ 1.04 enabled on them, which doesnt appear to be true. Tried to go back to 1.03, but it will not let me rollback to previous version, w/out reinstalling. Any ideas?

Yes, under my "favourites" I can still see the 1.03 DarkSide servers, but cannot connect to them: Protocol 15 as you say.

I'm also considering re-installing to 1.03 (tried to move files to see if it would jump back to 1.03, but it can't be done), not because I don't like the patch but because it seems it might not be well received and therefore servers running this new patch may be scarce...wait 'n see a few days I will :)

Yes, Protocal 15 thingy will appear,,

It just means that the server administrator has not yet updated their server,, so you have to wait..^^ so everybody updates it!

and by the way. who like the 1.04 patch..

Raven totally ****ed up the game... 1.03 was the best..

I don't agree, finally, as I said elsewhere, the game can be about swinging the sword (wisely)and not about who can do more specials and that gawd awful blue mid air lunge that just about EVERYONE just cannot do without *LOL*. This goes for NF SO Duel only. Other game modes I haven't tried with 1.04.

Maybe there is something to what the admiral says...I don't know...

(protocol 15=v1.03...at least this we can agree on :))

Druid, I don't know if you were here when the 1.03 patch was released - tons of peple hated it at first and the whole community was more or less divided in two.

Then there were the people that prophesized that half of every server would be running 1.02 and the other half, 103.

1.03 wasn't balanced, it wasn't fun, it was the spawn of the devil.

I don't know the exact server statistics, but I had NO problem in finding servers running 1.03 a week after it was released.

I think that everyone will be running 1.04 soon and it will grow on them. People are going to accept the changes or suffer the consequence: no servers to play on. This is what history tells me, because every also said that there'd be loads of 1.02 servers aand nearly no server admin would upgrade to 1.03. Look at what happened.

I'm gonna roll with the punches and still try to enjoy the game.

Well, I'm going on vacation on sunday, so I won't be able to see the next two weeks of debate over this patch, but what the heck.

Nice info cjais, I think Raven did a good job. Heck, the game really isn't that different for me now than before, except duels last a bit longer and that's great. Some ppl say that duels last forever and that the swings do no damage ??? That's a load of p00h. Don't get it. My new 1.04 experience tells me a duel can still be won very fast w/o specials....if you know how to swing your saber :)

Have a nice holiday m8 and have a beer on me ;)

EDIT: last night after inst. the 1.04 there was 1 window's worth of DUEL servers.....now there are 3 windows.....getting there:)

Originally posted by druid

Nice info cjais, I think Raven did a good job. Heck, the game really isn't that different for me now than before, except duels last a bit longer and that's great. Some ppl say that duels last forever and that the swings do no damage ??? That's a load of p00h. Don't get it. My new 1.04 experience tells me a duel can still be won very fast w/o specials....if you know how to swing your saber :)

Have a nice holiday m8 and have a beer on me ;)

EDIT: last night after inst. the 1.04 there was 1 window's worth of DUEL servers.....now there are 3 windows.....getting there:)

ya, they can be fast, especially if your using heavy stance;)

Archived