Home

JK2 Editing Tools crash with v.1.04

LOUman

I found out WHY every tool crashed on my computer.

I re-installed the tools again and tried it: Crash.

Then i remebered >The log files...<

If you use a tool, it creates a log file (like "JK2Radiant_GL_report.txt") in your main HDD. I use every tool, so i have many of these log files show up. I didn't want to see them so i hided them (call me crazy but i always want every folder and drive on my computer looks good :compcry: ). I was thinkin': "it can't be just because of these files..." but:

I let them show up, started every tool and... they worked again...

Then i was very upset about these god damn ... :swear: log...

But i don't understand this. If you delete these logs, the tools create new ones.

So... WHY ? Only because you hide files, a program crashes?

Sounds strange, but it's the truth...

It is a lot better you can do more make sure you got at lest 256mb ram it helps woulnt touch JO radiant with a barge pole GTK is updated more ofthen so GTK is the way to go just download it and install it you will be better off intsall JO to C:\Jedioutcast (this is to do with the q3 engine so dont ask) as well clearout all mod and crap you got install the 2 raven SDKs then both patches and GTKradiant and extract all asset*.pk3 to your base directory and make sure you got a OpenGL complient video card and up date the drivers if your mapping dont install any custom maps or mod this will cause problem due to loading all shaders from them so it will kill you sys recouces

Originally posted by LOUman

I found out WHY every tool crashed on my computer.

I re-installed the tools again and tried it: Crash.

Then i remebered >The log files...<

If you use a tool, it creates a log file (like "JK2Radiant_GL_report.txt") in your main HDD. I use every tool, so i have many of these log files show up. I didn't want to see them so i hided them (call me crazy but i always want every folder and drive on my computer looks good :compcry: ). I was thinkin': "it can't be just because of these files..." but:

I let them show up, started every tool and... they worked again...

Then i was very upset about these god damn ... :swear: log...

But i don't understand this. If you delete these logs, the tools create new ones.

So... WHY ? Only because you hide files, a program crashes?

Sounds strange, but it's the truth...

about playing with hideing files dont touch there is a reason why they aint hidden so leave well alone and dont do it everything has it reasson

Originally posted by LOUman

but it doesn't make sense. if i hide a file, this just hidden but it's there. the program should be able to see it.

by the way: it's just a log file! :c3po:

OK them files are not hidden for a reason cos Joradiant needs the when it startsup and is running it logs all error i would recormed to you that you leave things well alone joradiant is a cut down version of gtk and is unstable as hell if u copy the in structions i posted before you will have no problem editing if you cant mange to give up on trying to make maps:mad: theres a old say "IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT" :mad:

Archived