Home

So, how do YOU like the new patch?

BlackDove

How do You like the new patch (1.04)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How do You like the new patch (1.04)

• It roXX
    • It suXX

How about 'time will tell'.

I simply like the fact that I've been given more control over how I set my game up, ESPECIALLY the saberdamagescale option, that helps a whole lot. Combined with reduced blocking, I'm going to get this bad boy as close as possible to the king of JK2, 1.02.

More like it had no real effect on my play style other than eliminating the one move I occasionally died by.

Got to love that.

The removal of the blue air lunge (who the bloody Hell ever complained about that?) was a dumb idea. You could really squeeze it into some sweet combos, but it is not that big a deal.

Overall, not bad.

If the saber damage scale thing catches on this could really be a damn good patch though.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

2 is good but x3 and x4 is actually quite annoying and ridiculous.

You have to keep in mind though, with even a setting of 2 the strong stance becomes virtually a one hit kill again.

Add it's ability to break defenses and you are back to the complaints of v1.02 again.

With a scale of 3 you put the light and medium stance up to par with the heavy.

Sure they are faster, but they don't have the defense breaking ability of the heavy stance.

This brings saber combat to more of a "choice of style" rather than a "choice of damage".

I would agree 4 is a little high unless you want really fast duels.

3 will make heavy a definite one hit kill, but remember it is slower now than in v1.02 and much easier to avoid.

Actually you can survive a heavy on 3 lol. It knocks ya down to like 20HP. I play on 3 or 4 cause well, 1 and 2 are the plastic saber & plexiglass saber settings lol. 3 and up are real sabers IMO.

Ya should try NINE sometime lol :D

EVERY SWING is a 1 hit kill.

Archived