Home

Gir WIP

Altimira

There are no updates at the moment. The model is on hold until I get some tags one him. I need some help on this. How?. I heard you could d/l the tags for JO. Need some tutorials. Otherwise you wont be seeing a Gir anytime soon.

Somebody who knows what they're doing help Altimira, for GIR's sake!!! :(

I just finished the sound set and made an npc using it. Sure he LOOKS like a stormtrooper, but he's bursting with GIR-sounding goodness! I had a little trouble getting the squeaking sounds in the game. At first I tried to replace the normal footsteps with squeaks, but in the game it always sounded very different than my sound clip, more like an annoying chirping. At first I thought this had something to do with the animsounds.cfg configuration or the fact that normal footsteps are in a different format (even though I converted), but later I tried to replace the normal jump sounds with a squeak, and again it sounded much different. So as it stands, GIR uses the metal clanking footsteps instead of the normal ones, makes a neat (custom) clunking noise instead of the bodyfall (this worked using animsounds... why didn't the squeak?!), and a little toned down chirpy-squeak when he jumps. And of course every other sound is custom. And he sings the Doom Song for you as an npc. Alot. :p

Altimira: The skin doesn't show up well in Gmax because it only shows it as a quick render, and isn't capable of doing a real render. 3DSMax does the same thing when you're viewing it in the modalling window, so you have to render to see what it really looks like. Unfortunately, since GMax is a stripped down version of 3DSMax, it doesn't have any real rendering. The best bet for skinning is not worry too much about it till you can get it in ModView.

Ok then, wont worry bout the textures then. Well anywho, the sounds sound promising:D. The doom song, gotta love it. Im not goin to ask the same question again...as I have on all of my other posts...just look up.

"Its the Angry Monkey!" :monkey1:

And the others...

:monkey4::3headed::monkbomb::monkey2::monkey3:

i'm dancin like a monkey is a good taunt to it would be cool if you could animate him to dance when you taunt. I just got a shirt that has gir dancin like a monkey:monkey4: so that or the doom song would be a great taunt

I dont have to tools or the time to animate him. But yes, it would be hilarious for him to dance around like a monkey for a taunt, but its just not happening:(.

I got the sounds, They are awsome. the taunt is the Doom Song. When you walk, you hear this metal clanking sound (It was supposed to be a squeak, but oh well), which is good because he is made of metal:). The rest are some well put together quotes.

For the problem with tags/bones (Im still confused), I dont think I have the proper tools to import the roots.xsi (from spacemonkey's tutorial). I think you need 3DSMax r4 for it:mad:. Does anyone have it? Can anyone do this for me? or can I do this with gmax? Just remember, I dont know what im doing.

Another Angry Monkey -:monkey3:

Strait forward questions

- How do I add bones and tags?!?!

- Can some one do this for me? I dont think I have the tools, otherwise I would learn how.

- :monkey3:

- Is it possible to do this in g-max?

- Any in-depth tutorials for JO (model making)? Not spacemonkey's, Its a good tutorial, but doesnt explain some things.

Originally posted by Altimira

Strait forward questions

- How do I add bones and tags?!?!

- Can some one do this for me? I dont think I have the tools, otherwise I would learn how.

- :monkey3:

- Is it possible to do this in g-max?

- Any in-depth tutorials for JO (model making)? Not spacemonkey's, Its a good tutorial, but doesnt explain some things.

Somebody answer these questions the models looks great all it needs is a little help from some one who knows this stuff

Archived