Home

Your Favorite Super Cars

JandoFett1842

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the delorian is a family car

right these arent real supercars but theyre cool cars

we have ..... Lotus 7 (not normally that fast but my bro/dads 1 rocks)

Mini ..... too cool to leave out espescially seeing as u defiled my mini thread with vettes <shudder yuck!>

Lotus Elise cool also

and now for the biggie (i wish i had ftp for my pic of this)

XJ220!!!! yay man

edit: divine is the F-type out yet?

haha muthafoos my dad is putting in the order for a 2004 aston martin v12 vanquish in a few days (you have to preorder 2-3 years for aston martin, maseratti, and ferarri). and his mercedes sl500 comes in next march. for now, he's fine with his 2001 porsche 911 cavriolet. i'll post some pics once i get the chance.

- o yeah, i absolutely LOATHE the jaguar. that pile of scrap breaks down on you 3-4 months after you buy it. if you have the money to buy a jaguar, i suggest you either buy a corvette and keep the change in your pocket or spend a tad extra and get yourself a 911.

Originally posted by Darth Clem

the delorian is a family car

Uhhh....how? It has two seats. I know, it's not really that much of a super car though... the engine is only about 130hp... but there are many after-market pros who will turbo/super-charge these babies.

Still, I love those Mark IV supras :D

nah man my dad rented an x-type during christmas break in SanDiego and it crapped out twice- it's engine spontaneously shut down the first time and it made a rat-ta noise every time you slammed the acceleration past 60. ferarri used to have the same engine problem up until 5 or 6 years ago- it spontaneously would break down on you. family members of mine have been constantly making the mistake of leasing a jaguar over the past 12 years- every single tiem it ended up as a disappointment.

the delorian was NEVA meant as a sports car trust me on this... there are also VERY few of them cos they realised gullwing doors cannot be opened in a car park :)

also americans obv. dont know how to treat a jag :) (joke ... i think ur just REALLY unlucky cos jags are quality cars)

true that clem ur probably right it's just my luck lol

-i'm just saying, i enjoy german engineering above all else GENERALLY. nevertheless, the vanquish is the greatest automobile there is because it combines efficiency, style, and elegance and brings it to a whole other level. ferarri doesnt do that, porsche doesnt do that, mercedes doesnt do that.

Originally posted by Darth Clem

the delorian was NEVA meant as a sports car trust me on this... there are also VERY few of them cos they realised gullwing doors cannot be opened in a car park :)

also americans obv. dont know how to treat a jag :) (joke ... i think ur just REALLY unlucky cos jags are quality cars)

No, it wasn't really meant as a sports car... but it wasn't a family car, either. It was meant to be a long lasting futuristic car, meant to be serviceable for a long time!

And there aren't a lot because Delorean was an idiot when it came to economics....even though there were too many on sale for the price, Delorean wanted to mass-produce even more...so in effect they couldn't keep the price high enough to make a profit. (Simple supply and demand...)

The mini made a loss of about £25 a car for a long time .... but it still lasted 43 years

R.I.P. the mini ..... your like shall neva be in mass production again

another reason to hate BMW

*GLARE*

waitaminute---i would choose a bmw over a jag in a blink. that car has smoothness and control that a jag WISHES it would have. i'm not old enough to drive, but i KNOW the bmw- and for that matter MERCEDES (the pinnacle of car engineering) is more reliable, maneuverable, AND stylish than a jaguar.

-and about american cars- they also have their place in the sports car genre. the vette and the mustang are unbelievably great cars for their price. give me a vette over a bentley, rolce royce, or lamberghini any day!

Dude, the Viper is a sweet car! The Saleen S7 is a great American Supercar that looks sweet and is fast!

Saleen S7

0-60 mph: 3.9 sec

0-100 km: 4.1

BHP: 550

Top Speed: 210 mph (Dont know how fast in kph)

Engine: ohv V-8

Transmission: 6-speed Maual

s7_2.jpg

Now how about some a dat good old Japanise crap! :D

Nissan Blitz Skyline R348

r348_2.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer GSR Evo VII

lancer7_1.jpg

Acura NSX-T

nsx_2.jpg

And Now the new Dodge Viper, I hope you wont find it to "ugly"!

2003 Dodge Viper Competition Concept

2003vipercompetition_1.jpg

2003 Dodge Viper RT/10

2003rt10_1.jpg

2003rt10_2.jpg

2003rt10_3.jpg

2003rt10_5.jpg

I am greatly sorry 56k'ers!

haha clem you own a passat and you call the mercedes ugly... mercedes and bmw sell more than the jag because they have more CLASS than the jag- if it werent for the aston martin, british cars would be completely out of the picture. HOW THE HELL can you compare a jaguar to a MERCEDES?! the control, safety, and ELEGENCE of the mercedes is at a level that the jaguar could never reach. EVER. the jag is a superficial car, similar to some american cars like the viper. these cars may be beautiful- but they have absolutely no class and eat fuel like it's water. they are the least efficient cars. if anything, the JAGUAR is an ugly car. it's best design was the ones made 10 years ago with the jaguar model sticking out of the front and the two front lights that wouldnt protrude.

Well everyone can have their own opinion about Jaguars but as a loyal fan im going to have to defend them. Im interested in how much experience we have with these cars...i would be surprised if more than 1 or 2 actually have driven in a lot of these super cars! i think Jaguar's have way more elegance than a mercedes!

and when since was your opinion OFFICIAL then Sharafett? :p

if you think that Jaguars are ugly then i think you are in the minority because im sure a lot of people think Jaugars are attractive cars. :p

Im not surprised that mercedes cars are generally better considering how much bigger the mercedes business is than Jaguar!

Archived