Home

"And they say that a hero can save us, but Kyle is getting too old...."

Revan Bakr'

I don't really feel like playing JK3 with an old grey haired fart, kick his a** to the curb and bring in someone new. As far as a plot I dunno, maybe have more than one playable character and allow the game to have alternate endings depending on what path you take during the game so that SP has more replay value. Or maybe even make it where you can either choose between playing a dark or light side character.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u play as Tavion set in the aftermath of JK2

The imperial force previously controlled by desann and Galak is now under the control of a group of surviving, elite shadowtroopers and is convincing other imperial warlords to join with them to topple the new republic

The ruling group of shadowtroopers know of Tavions betrayal of desann that led to katarn discovering desanns plan and thwarting it, and want her dead

Kyle has warned the jedi of tavions involvment with desann and her dangerous darkside tendencies, Luke wants her captured and brought in for rehabilitation

both the imperials and the republic are gunning for you as u try to eek out a living as a high price bounty hunter working for crime lords on missions that set u against the republic and empire and ultimately develop into a major plot development

leading to tavions turning to the light

-patch

• 2 weeks later...

Raiden was pretty good, decent story to take a break from snake.

The sword made him stand out, however reviewers gave him a tough rap because he had feelings.

In an expansion, or Jk3 it should be a new hero taking over, Kyle play a couple of levels, then he gets killed, or captured something to that effect, and then you take over as a new jedi assigned by luke who feels a dark force rising.

Weve established that Kyle simply will never be over as an actual jedi, hes always going to be halfway there, however something in the prequel era will be better i think, aound time of phantom menace

Well...how about a complex character creation, so that the player can decide how the Player: Looks, Speaks, Acts, etc

You could decide on how the character develops (surely there are more powers than grip lightning etc ;) )

Also the character could 'evolve' over time sort of changing the way he acts looks speaks etc.

What does everyone else think?

Here is a way you could keep Kyle alive, but have a new hero.

Say Kyle does get a padawan and is sent on a mission. On that mission you play as Kyle with the padawan as an npc. Kyle gets injured on the mission by a dark jedi. Kyle then couldn't go on on the missions so his padawan has determined that he will finish the campain with a friend who is also a jedi. At one point his friend is killed by the dark jedi that injured Kyle. Thus adding a reason to go down the dark path. And like JK1 you can choose the path.

Kyle did kill Boba Fett. Fett didn't die at the Pit of Carkoon. The pit spit him out because of his manlorian armor. You killed Fett in Dark Forces.

Oh and Snake may be back in MGS3. If he does I would like to see how he survived the tanker.

The person that played Kyle in JK1 cinamatics didn't have a grey beard. Look at this link.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kylekatarn/eu.html

For those who never played JK1. The cut scences were played by actors! Not like JK2 were it was done in the game, but real video with real actors. I bet have of you never played the first two games. So if you are one of those. DON'T MESS IT UP FOR THE TRUE FANS!!!! YOU MOST LIKELY PLAYED QUAKE OR STUFF LIKE THAT AND CAME OVER TO THIS JUST BECAUSE IT WAS MADE BY RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you don't fit into this then I might be a bit better about this.

Kyle did kill Boba Fett. Fett didn't die at the Pit of Carkoon. The pit spit him out because of his manlorian armor. You killed Fett in Dark Forces.

Dude, Dark Forces takes place before RotJ. Plus, Boba isn't killed, he flys away when you prove to be too much for him.

Same applies to MGS2. I haven't actually played the game, but I understand it was suppose to have happened before MGS1.

I take it there was a cutscene. I had to turn the cutscenes off on the computer I had at the time. Anyways drop the subject. I don't think Kyle is getting killed any time soon.

And no MGS2 happend after MGS1. In two they keep on talking about what Snake did in number one. And Snake remembers Ocalot in number two, but I could be wrong I never played the first one.

Darth Vicious, I think you should read the whole book before commenting it. The YV being on a outside the "visible wavelenght" of the Force sits much better with me than being outside the Force altogether. Force is supposed to be universal, after all.

As much as I would like an expansion or a sequel set on NJO era, it probably will not happen because it wouldn't sell very well among the masses. It would be too different from the Star Wars most people know. Imagine, a SW fps without stormtroopers (unless they are on your side). Making those reptoids yell "Hey, you there!" just wouldn't be the same.

Couple of things;;

First, I finished the damn book. On to the next! anyway, i still maintain that the Yuuzhan Vong aren't outside of the force at all, but are simply (and perhaps only) part of the Unifying force which, to this point, every jedi has pretty much been ignoring.

Living Force - The force which affects creatures/beings. Such as picking up a big fricken rock and throwing it, shooting lightning, jumping really high. 90% of the force which the Jedi wield seem to be about this.

Unifying Force - The more mysterious and less explored of the two, the Unifying is part of everything, and is more about your place in the universe and the fate of all beings.

But in any case...

Kyle Katarn ain't no Jedi Master. He's a Jedi instructor, and teaches the big kids how to fight with their lightsabers. He's no master, though. His abandonment of the force after defeating Jerec caused a bit of irreperable damage to his force ability. He's strong, plenty strong, but not a Master.

After Desann, in his 'official' storyline, it looks like Kyle goes straight for the Vong afterwards. After becoming a Jedi instructor, Kyle taught many of the Jedi students who later went off and got themselves killed at the worlds of Ithor and Obroa-Skai. Maybe he'll take up the saber again, or maybe one of his students will.

And IMHO, any game/expansion on the YV would sell just fine. Why? not everyone who bought JKII was a star wars buff. And even if you are, most actually like the YV.

But hey...

Whatever.

Archived