Home

Notice to all hilt modelers!

Dest

not to be rude terror, but there is the ability to kick off the wall while in mid air but not keep runing from wall to wall and keep a running cycle going on. so...........BAM!!!

anyways i know asking dest for a favor had nothing to do with this thead so i apologize, i just noticed that he left a message on the fan mod message board sayin' that he liked it.

P.S. Grapple would be awsome too dest

Originally posted by Lord Infamous

not to be rude terror, but there is the ability to kick off the wall while in mid air but not keep runing from wall to wall and keep a running cycle going on. so...........BAM!!!

anyways i know asking dest for a favor had nothing to do with this thead so i apologize, i just noticed that he left a message on the fan mod message board sayin' that he liked it.

P.S. Grapple would be awsome too dest

your request's description fit how it already was. so pardon me.

i dont wanna tell you how to distribute your product dest but i reckon you should make it so that other mods made using your sourcecode should not be allowed to be called jedimod cos ive seen loads of jedimod v2.0 and jedimod v2.1's around. I reckon a lot of people are gonna download these instead of v1.1 cos they think they are more up to date.

Anyway brilliant mod. Will the bot lightsaber hilt selection be controlled by a line in the bots.txt in the pk3 like the type of saber is?

Yeah I posted on the coding forums for people to not name their mods JediMod (someversionnumber). JediMod++ would have been fine if he had named it JediMod++ 2.1 which he is going to do in his next version.

It turns out that you cant have hilts with files in any directory other than saber_somehiltname otherwise the server will see them and mark the client as unpure. For example if a client had a hilt with gfx/hud/w_icon_lightsaber.tga it would make the client unpure. But models/weapons2/saber_hiltname/w_icon_lightsaber.tga should be ok.

I'm trying to find out how to go about doing this with the hilts I've already downloaded. I can't figure how though because I can't change or rename the saber folder in WinRAR, Winzip, or WinAce. Any other things I can do?

Yeah, I saw above. What would that be?

Btw, I tried renaming the old one for Yoda (orignal size), and it doesn't show up. But the hud icon does. Do I have to rename any of the files inside the saber folder?

You shouldn't have to rename anything else.

Unless you place in a custom icon, a picture won't show up for the selection screen, so you'll just have to scroll through and see what you can find just going by the names of the hilts.

The bug (or maybe it's not a bug and my computer is just screwed up) is that the actual skins don't show up for the sabers. Try it out with the Maul saber (if you have it), and tell me if it looks anything like this:

http://www.geocities.com/dbtogt/shot0004.txt

If it does, that means that it actually IS a bug in the mod. If not, I've really gotta get a new computer. lol

Originally posted by Dest

different people/bots will be able to have different hilts. That is the purpose of the hilt code. It makes hilt models useable. You can even have a hilt in one hand and a different one in the other hand.

How can I give every bot his/her individual lightsaber hilt(s)?

BTW, a mod compatible saber hilt pack is up on jediknightii.net. It's not perfect in any way, but should give you an idea on how to name your sabers.

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=690

Archived