Home

Bug List

Darth Windu

I have decided to create a thread where people can post any and all bugs they have found in GB and CC, and hopefully get Lucasarts to concentrate of fixing the game instead of changing Jedi padawan's.

1. Artillery fires at enemy walls, in the process damaging and destroyed your own units (including the artillery)

2. Trade Federation pummels need to be told about 6 times to attack something before they will actually do it

3. In Republic mission 2 (on Sarapin) Republic air cruisers will fire at the lava along the lower left-hand side of the map

NOTE: Please keep the posts on this thread restricted to only posts about bugs in the game, not what you like or dislike about it.

I found a similar "ground attack" style bug like the one where the air cruisers attack the lava. I believe it's the Empire missions, number 3 or 4 (I think). It's the mission where the republic has three islands, one each for ground, sea, and air units. If you go to the southwest corner of the island you start on, near a patch of nova, there's a place where certain units will attack the ground...

Kryllith

When you first install Clone Campaigns, and before you do anything else you will not be able to play the Galactic Republic Campaign, it won't even highlight when you put your mouse over it. To get the GR Campaign to work you need to go to the original campaigns and click on one of them, then go back to Episode II and the GR Campaigns will work.

You can also create a new player, and the GR Campaigns will not work, try it.

It could just be an XP thing.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

I have decided to create a thread where people can post any and all bugs they have found in GB and CC, and hopefully get Lucasarts to concentrate of fixing the game instead of changing Jedi padawan's.

1. Artillery fires at enemy walls, in the process damaging and destroyed your own units (including the artillery)

2. Trade Federation pummels need to be told about 6 times to attack something before they will actually do it

3. In Republic mission 2 (on Sarapin) Republic air cruisers will fire at the lava along the lower left-hand side of the map

NOTE: Please keep the posts on this thread restricted to only posts about bugs in the game, not what you like or dislike about it.

Number 1 isn't a bug. If the Artillery was too accurate it would be back to art whoring like pre CC.

Number 2 is lag =((

I don't know about the lag. I had the same problem with pummels in some of the campaign scenarios at a point when I lag was virtually nil. The pummels still had to be told multiple times to attack something. Often times if there were multiple pummels, they'd go to whatever building they were told to attack and sit there. Or if an attack was initiated, only one would attack and the other would just sit there...

Kryllith

I thought that you had to complete the Confederacy campaign before you could play the Republic campaign, since the stories are connected that way. If you played the Republic first, then you'd lose the continuity. IOW, I thought it was an intended restriction, not a bug.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you do have to complete the Confed missions before the Republic's missions become available for play. However, there might be a bug in this anyway. I think once when I was about halfway through the Confed missions it made the Republic missions selectable. I didn't select them because I knew they followed a storyline based on the end of the Confed missions. Anyway, the next time I started the game, they were un-selectable again...

Kryllith

There’s no music in SW:GB CC, I never noticed it before since I sometimes play with no sound but there is no music. There is some in the menus and everywhere else, but then you start to play and no music!

I believe it was the patch that did it, and maybe its because I have two drives DVD/CD and CD-RW. Well I just hope they fix this soon.

**EDIT**

Wahoo, I found out why...ok here goes:

When Lucasarts created the 1.1 patch, they made it so you can play the game in any of the drives BUT they must have forgotten to set the default audio drive! I placed the game in my CD-RW drive and the music worked fine.

*I'm a genius* :D

Just to clarify some of my previous points-

1. The Artillery will fire at enemy walls, no other units will. The problem is that, for example, in Republic mission 5 (i think) you have to move through small area's lined with enemy walls, so when you put your force in there, the artillery will start firing and kill your own troops!

2. Not a lag problem. It happened a lot of TF mission 6 (in theed) and the specs of the comp im using are-

T-bird 1.3GHz

512Mb RAM

40Gb memory

32Mb GeForce2 MX400

Ansible, Lucasarts made it so you cant play the GR campaign without playing the confed one first.

Windu, you werent very clear on your meaning in 1 the first time. The problem isn't a bug, its in the unit ai. Heavies will attack buildings before units, and during the making of the game, lucasarts forgot to separate walls from buildings. Just put your arts on no attack.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Just to clarify some of my previous points-

1. The Artillery will fire at enemy walls, no other units will. The problem is that, for example, in Republic mission 5 (i think) you have to move through small area's lined with enemy walls, so when you put your force in there, the artillery will start firing and kill your own troops!

Then use your head and put the artillery on no attack stance. Really, it's not too hard of a problem to avoid. Then it will only attack what you tell it to, so you wont kill your troops.

If I may take the liberty of answering for Windu.....

Captain Obvious says: "Because its a fun game."

Thank you.

By the way, my system is just shy of Windu's and I'm excited because I recently dowloaded Pac-Man and Pong. :) Go figure. A good game is a good game, regardless of how simple its requirements may be. I also play high end games like No One Lives Forever or Medal of Honor or whatever, but I love SWGB and will play it until my disk wears out.

Surprise surprise, I agree with Windu here.

I see no point in having artillery automatically attack walls. Other units don't automatically attack walls unless the walls are in tehir way...and even if they do troopers don't cause splash damage so they're not really hurting anything. A splash damage unit like artillery should automatically attack hostile units, fortresses, turrets and the like, but not harmless walls....most of the time a wall only needs to be breached in one or two places to let your army rush through, and destroying the entire wall is pointless.

In either case, the fact that artillery and cannons DO attack walls is not a bug, just a case of (in some people's opinions) poor programming. Personally I think heavy weapons should attack walls, but if something of more importance comes into range (an enemy building/turrent/unit) then it should switch targets until there's nothing left to fire at except the wall...

Kryllith

Archived