Home

do you think the US should get out of Israel

Nebelwerfer_

The bible is certanly not going to solve this conflict, so stop referring to that.

Another suicide bomb today, on a school. It's just getting worser and worser, also from Israelian side.

If im not wrong, this suicide attack was revenge of Israelian revenge of Palastinian revenge of Israelian revenge and so on.

Who started it, we will never know, this is a conflict wich have been for thousands of years.

But what we do know is that one or both of the parts must take the courage to not revenge the other countrys revenge attack. If not, innocents will die all the time, in fact killed by their own goverment.

"Just let them kill eachother" you might say. The problem is that it is mostly innocents who get killed, not the people who fights this endless war.

It was shown dancing palestinians on tv, having party bcuz of these innocents got murdered. I do think that is mostly what the jews do also, after their bombs have chrushed houses and killed innocent palestinians. This show the hatred these two people have for eachother, a hatred wich only grows continiously.

To solve this matter, we must get rid of this hatred.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with JM quigon. Their just trying to get revege on one another. Both sides are too stupid to know wo they're killing, innocent people. 90% of the time ,it is innocent people that are killed. Hopefully the next generation of Palestinians and Israelis will realize their pointless ongoing war that has been going on for thousands of years. Hasn't anyone learned that after thousands of years of fighting, that it isn't solving anything?

We didn't see them, but you know they do. Just like when we celebrate when we see the Taliban running out of their caves getting whooped.

Anyways, I just hate it when people think they're so smart about everything because they read some crap in the newspaper or watch it on CNN.

The media is mostly opinionated nowadays. The ONLY news channel that gets anything right is BBC, they know how to tell a story, all FACTS.

Some other media scources are good too, such as TIME magazine.

But most scources are terrible.

I hate CNN and MSNBC, and ESPECIALLY FOxnews. They are mostly discussion and opinions, no facts. They don't tell the whole story.

So if you think you're going to post something because you read it in your small town newspaper or watched it on CNN, don't bother.

The only way to reach peace is if they stop fearing each other. This is how all this suffering is fueled. This violence starts with fear.

The Israelis are afraid of the Palestinians.

The Palestinians are afraid of the Israelis.

Hate doesn't destroy hate. Hating each other won't solve anything. The world is corrupted by politics now.

Politicians only do things for their good and for outdoing the other political party, not the good of their people.

Obviously, it's a complex issue, and most likely nobody here is an expert on it, but my personal opinion?

I think, try as they might, US presence in Israel hasn't solved their problems or those of their neighbors. Maybe a different approach is in order (and no, I'm not talking about bombing the crap out of the region either). Violence isn't the answer to everything. In fact, it usually just begs more questions....

Most of the articles I've read and people I see on TV go on and on about how the US and Israel are inseperable and how "we" have to do everything in our power to support them, right or wrong. But most people I've talked to in person, be their knowledgable about the topic or not, agree that Israel is often wrong, and the US is often wrong when they support them (the blind leading the blind comes to mind). So who knows... I know most people don't want to have their homes attacked by helicopter gunships or missiles, or have bombs exploding in their resteraunts or school. The people should tell their leaders they've had enough, and force them to make peace.

Sadly, I don't think things will get better over there anytime soon. Too many people are just too set in their ways it seems (go figure, look at all the places its like that all over the world).

; p

Perhaps people should look to the teachings of peace in their respective religions and agree on that. Now, I know that people can and have used religion to help justify evil deeds (look in the Bible, the Israelites, the "good guys" of the Bible invoked God on their enemies all the time!), but there are also teachings about loving your neighbor, forgiving your enemy, making peace, letting God judge and letting your enemy go his own way, and not trying to kill him, but be patient and help him to see the light.

Surely these people can agree that an "eye for an eye" just makes the whole world blind...

Ghandi, excellent quote Kurgan. We're all starting to agree on the same things here. As I said before, people need to stop wanting revenge, cuz that's the problem. Revenge has been fueling this for what, a thousand years? Teaching your children to hate the others, and they pass it on to their children. I've lived over there, I've seen it. Thankfully my parents taught me better. But like I said, sometime, it's finally going to have to reach it's breaking point. Sometime, someone/people are going to finally have enough. Finally stand up and ask "Why? Why are we doing this?" Realize that revenge, hatred and war are not solving thier problems, but are in fact causing them.

The only problem is, it's going to have to get worse before it gets better. More innocent people will die, more family will swear revenge, before someone finally realizes that the life of their family member isn't really worth taking another person's life. Not that their life wasn't worth anything, but that it's not worth taking away yet another life. That's 2 people, probably children, gone, instead of 1 person, who could have been seen as a reason not to fight, so that another child doesn't have to die like they did. Finally people are going to start to realize this. That's why I think the U.S. should pull out, let them sort it out for themselves. Once it gets bad enough, they'll start talking. I honestly hope it doesn't come to that, but I've always been a realist as opposed to an optimist.

Reb, you spoke exactly what i feel. thank you, i agree fully with you and thats kind of sad. i always hoped that someday people would just see how lucky they are to live and stop killing. (i actually had delusions that when y2k came ppl would be so scared of death that they would stop killing outright, poor me) take a look at ireland. its calmed down a fair bit now but people are still dying over there just because of difference in religion.

isnt the point of most organized religions to bring people together and do what is right in life? i get really sad when i read about these people.

Originally posted by jessman233

Why is this thread here? It's not enough that I have to hear this crap on tv but I have to hear(read) it here to? This forum is for Starwars... Not this crap.

Stop whining!

:mad:

If you don't want to see this thread, ignore it. If you think it should be closed, PM a mod or something. Add to the topic or don't post. jeeze.......

Anyways, Kurgan has a point.(As always, for he is the expert on things like that)

But I think we should mind our own business and stay out of the middle east. Like I said earlier, they are fueled by hatered, and a few words aren't going to solve anything.

The "Peace talks" are all talk and no peace.

Why is this thread here? It's not enough that I have to hear this crap on tv but I have to hear(read) it here to? This forum is for Starwars... Not this crap

ok mr idiot, this is in yoda's swamp. why dont you read the description of yoda's swamp and shut up. I dont care if you like dont like to know whats going on in the world but "it's bad enough I have to hear idiots like you complain about hearing stuff"

how old are you, 12? no seriously?

I agree with obiwan 13.

My feelings are that both sides want peace, but their governments don't.

I saw on a special report, a school that both Israeli and Palestinians kids attend. They get along like best friends. No enmity at all.

They also showed a teenage Palestinian whose best friend was an Israeli. They also got along very well. Their whole neighborhood is made up of both Palestinians and Israelis. Everyone gets along well there.

My point is that the people want peace, but the governments don't. They can't look to us to setthings right, we have our own problems(the economy, for example).

This is their war. They started it. They must end it.

If they don't find a way to end it.....

no one will.

Archived