Home

Reenactment of Return of the Jedi air war

Guest Tie Guy

I don't think that space battles would work, and they wouldn't have any space units to fight with anyways. I would be cool though, and that's exactly what i imagine Rebellion to be, BattleGrounds in space, but it wasn't.

well, the real-time battle in Rebellion does resemble RTS a bit, but it's still commanding and then executing.

let's see, from what i've seen so far, they have thse spaceflight-units:

TIE-fighters

TIE-Interceptors

TIE-Bombers

Z-95

X-Wing

A-Wing

Y-Wing

Transport

hmmm... yeah, that's a bit on the shallow side for a space battle.

so roll on those capital-ships, Lucasarts !

:p

Guest Tie Guy

Obviously not :D

This battle would be in space, but most of the rest would be on the ground, in the air.

the different color patches on the mini map indicate the number of factions playing. red could be one group (i.e. me and my wookie homeboys), blue could be someone else playing the gungans (watch out!!! :eek:), etc. it's the same as playing AoE, starcraft, etc. with many groups.....

by the way, i take back the air battle.... that's more of an xw alliance thingy. but, it be cool to have some aerial assaults similar in fashion to starcraft's.

tie,

air units will be able to attack other air units, i asked blue myrriden if air units have both air to air and air to ground attacks. depending on how you play, your air units are the first defense against other air units, towers and boats at TL3 and other anti air defenses are you last line of defense...

Starcraft does show the units and buildings of the other players, but something tells me that none of the units and buildings will take up an 8th of the map.

The AoK maps were build using different terrain types...if you wanted you could have snow right next to desert.

Battlegrounds will be the same, so you can put some space in the middle of a forest if you wanted.

Worf

Archived