Home

Love the Yoda Model but miss my grappling hook. Combining Mods ?

Bird Of Prey!

First let me say that Dest did one hell of a job on the Yoda model. Since its release, I've only been playing with that model and Jedi mod 2.2.

However, I miss the grappling mod, it made levels like the Bespin Exhaust shafts fun to play. I couldn't begin to count the times that I was able to use the hook to save myself, after being thrown off of a high place, and then frag the unsuspecting opponent. I've been a fan of the grappling hook since the Quake 1 and 2 days.

My question is, is there a way to add the grappling hook to the Jedimod v2.2 mod? The yoda skin is only fun if it is the correct size and the grapple mod does not include sizing.

My cousin suggested that simply dropping the Grapple1.pke file into the Jedimod file might work. I told him that I didn't think it would be that easy. Any suggestions??

actually Dest wasn't involved with the Yoda Model OR JediMod 2.2++. Both were made by other parties. As for grapple, just try putting it in the base dir. It MAY just work. Some mods are compatible but not all. If that doesn't work, you'd have to manual edit the JM code to accept the grapple code but that's probably behond what you're willing to do.

Originally posted by razorace

As for grapple, just try putting it in the base dir. It MAY just work. Some mods are compatible but not all. If that doesn't work, you'd have to manual edit the JM code to accept the grapple code but that's probably behond what you're willing to do.

razor, I've tried putting the mod in both the Jedimod, and base folders. Neither work. I'm not beyond editing the JM code with the right instructions. Can you help??

uuurrrr....uuuhhh... I don't think I can really help. I have spent the time to really mess with the code yet. First, you're going to need teh source code for the grapple Mod and Jedi Mod. I know the JediMod Source is available but I don't know about the grapple mod. Heck, I don't even know where the grapple mod is downloadable from. :p After that, it all depends on how complicated the grapple code is. If the grapple code is simple, you could probably just cut and paste the code over Jedi Mod.

I hope that gets you started in the right direction. :)

Razor Ace

I combined BOTH codes before the 1.04 patch fixes. If you have the source to JediMod, I can just email you the source to the Grapple mod (if I've still got it around here). The Grapple mod is pretty well documented, so all you have to do is open up each source file and search it for "Grapplemod" and it should pull you right to what you need to copy/paste over to the JediMod.

One thing though, if you DO get it compiled and working, you HAVE to email me the final result. :D

Originally posted by Lord Nodata

If you have the source to JediMod, I can just email you the source to the Grapple mod (if I've still got it around here). The Grapple mod is pretty well documented, so all you have to do is open up each source file and search it for "Grapplemod" and it should pull you right to what you need to copy/paste over to the JediMod.

:confused: I hate to sound like a nOOb but this is a bit confusing. What is a "Source Code" vs. a "*.pk3 file" vs. a "*.cfg" file? I'm very computer literate but this is above my head??

Originally posted by Lightning

what's the name of the mod en does it have any thing elles in it??

Lightning there are two different versions of the Grapple Mod. One is called "Grapple" and the other "Grapple 1." I think Grapple 1 is faster and more accurate.

I cannot send you the file because I do not have it in zipped form. If I zip up the files that I have then it would include my "jk2mpconfig" file which has my username, settings etc. I don't want to forward this info.

However, if you give me an idea when you'll be on this evening, I'll start a Grapple Server and all you'll have to do is search for my player name, connect to the server and the Mod will D/L.

Originally posted by snipedog

I didn't find any grapple mod at that site.

Snipe, I've searched Massassai, JediknightII, and a few other Jedi Outcast sites and can no longer find the grapplemod.

However, read the post above yours, I'll extend my offer to you as well!

Archived