Home

max program

Darth2Tyranus

K-man why wouldnt he want to do it? I think its a great idea that we have an abundance of different models and if this is his first model i think its a great way to get himself started. (although a saber hilt would probly be a lot easier)

kman, I hate to break it to you, but just because something is WIP doesn't mean it will ever see the light of day :)

Appart from that, NEVER stand in the way of creativeness. This guy has never modeled before, so at least let him put effort into something he likes to do...otherwise, what's the sense in modeling at all?

And who knows...this guy might blow the other Anakin models out of the water.

You would have to do the actual mapping in gmax, then paint the skin in Photoshop or your favorite painting program. I have been trying to do Mauls half saber hilt. I have finished the model but cant figure out the mapping yet. (I'm a n00b too) I have the model, I am experienced in 2d digital art, but can't get the step in between :) Just keep pokin at it.

-Mix Master

K- man i dont know if your seein things but i there is only 1 anakin i see thats actually good. The others are just skins. So if you call that an abundance, well, what can i say, go take another math class or something :p

Originally posted by BakerS8er

K- man i dont know if your seein things but i there is only 1 anakin i see thats actually good. The others are just skins. So if you call that an abundance, well, what can i say, go take another math class or something :p

Actually, I saw that one by Librarian, but I was more interested in this one- Anakin Skywalker Coming to JK2:JO

I am planning on haveing a skin for it done by release date. I'm not too keen on how the skin for that has turned out.

I don't think it matters how many of the same models are out there, but if he is doing this for practice, and it turns out pretty good, he would be contending with a couple others. In my opinion (which is what it was, and should be taken as much as the author feels) he should start with something that hasn't been done. If you understand what I mean.

Now just because Kman says one thing you don't have to flame him for it. I agree that we need different models but I also don't see the harm in someone making another one. After all more is better right?

And as for that Anakin that you showed Kman it looks okay except his chest is way to big. The Anakin in the movie was a little woosy boy all skin and bones.

Also don't give up on the modeling man I also am a newb and just started the tutorials today :D. Wish you good luck.

Archived