Home

Initial release of JKII

Admiral Derski

Should Raven have held back on the release date, to make the product better?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Raven have held back on the release date, to make the product better?

• Yes
    • NO

As everyone knows that has played the game online, there have been several patches released that has basically changed the whole gameplay of the game, for better or worse? dont know thats not what I want to get at for this poll, what I want to know is in hingsight would you have waited an extra 2 or 3 months or so, so that Raven could iron out all the bugs/imbalences and various other things that made online play so stale to avoid what has basically happened with this game here.

I think the game would have been the same. Most of the problems fixed in the patches were a result of high customer use. There is no way that a set of testers can regressively test all use cases. It's only people like you and me, who play this game daily, who find these methods or "holes" if you will, that the patches intended to fix.

I found the single player experience (the first month or so after I bought the game the first day it came out) to be very enjoyable, and overall, flawless.

I do see the problems generated with Multiplayer, but again, I believe that it's just a higher volume of people, playing the game their own way. That's how problems are found.

all games get patches eventually anyways to fix things that are discovered by normal everyday people playing the game

maybe they could have beta tested it a bit more, but then it would have maybe came out more around the time of wc3...and i probably wouldn't have gotten it then

Archived