Home

Weaponry

Thew Rydur

Weaponry is one topic I haven't seen much said on these boards. I have a few questions about it, although I know some of the answers probably aren't know by anyone yet.

1. Will there be projectile weapons?

2. Will there be many different weapons or just a few of each type.

3. Will you be able to use two weapons at once? (I'm pretty sure you can't but just wanted to check)

4. Do you think most characters will have at least one weapon? (more of an opinion question)

Thew:

1. last time i checked there were pleanty of guns in the SW universe

2. player disigned weapons, so there should be good veriaty

3. no idea, maybe

4. probably, not neccesary though. will be plenty of safe zones an ulitarrian jobs

Kylco: proably as much as the smithy charges

Originally posted by Thew Rydur

Weaponry is one topic I haven't seen much said on these boards. I have a few questions about it, although I know some of the answers probably aren't know by anyone yet.

1. Will there be projectile weapons?

2. Will there be many different weapons or just a few of each type.

3. Will you be able to use two weapons at once? (I'm pretty sure you can't but just wanted to check)

4. Do you think most characters will have at least one weapon? (more of an opinion question)

1. From what I've read yes. I dont think the blaster would be the only projectile weapon.

2. They had better be many different weapons.

3. I would think so, But not a lightsaber and a blaster, but dual

blasters has to be in the game.

4. My opinion is that all the weapons should be able to be used

by the different characters, and that they should have their

own weapon from their culture.

I think lightsabre blaster would bee much harder then just blaster blaster of sabre sabre, since you're using to different types off weapons at the same time. This wouldn't be my style of choice but Corran is sweet. I was mainly interested in using to pistols though.

I honestly think that it will include dual weapons to an extent.

At first there may be only a few, and of a certain class or even

just the same weapon.

Remeber the devs explained the slots of articles you can have

like clothing and what not, and I distinctvly remeber there being

two hands :D

i 4get where - but i read sumwhere that dual weapons will be an elite skill learned by soldiers/fighters involved in ranged weapons...& i highly doubt there will be dual sabres or sabre/blaster combos...it would require such an indepth work on choreography of the player skeletons & whatnot that the dual sabre & sabre/blaster could be an individual fighting game all in its own.

melee and pistol does not necessarily have to mean lightsaber and blaster. There's a lot of other melee weapons in the star wars universe, and there are few more 'piraty' image than someone with a sword and a pistol. And it would not require that much extra work, no. Just an additional stance, and a couple of moves. Or simply taking the onarmed melee combat sequences, add a gun, a few moves of shooting while holding a sword, and HEY PRESTO! Dualweilding!

The combat in a MMORPG is not as advances as in, say, JK2, it's mostly a bunch of animations and some script whether you hit or not.

*newsflash!*

You. Do. Not. Aim. For. Your. Character.

Oh no. You choose who to attack, and then the computer will fight that target until A) it is dead, B) you are dead, or C) you try to run away. You can close your eyes and fight on if you want to. You can go to the bathroom (it will often leave you dead at your return, but not always). It is not a first person shooter. You can be a blind mice with a bad case of alzheimer when it comes to fighting. It is still your characters skill in hitting that matters.

And yes. You will propably attack the SAME target if you fight it with two hands. You just perform two actions against him/her at once. Where's the problem with not knowing the target?

You choose who to attack, the computer checks if you hit or not, and then you will see an animation with your character performing the action. It is not more complicated than that. So no, there is actually no problem at all with fighting with two weapons, other than if lucasart decides that it is not balanced in gameplay usefulness. That's the only obstacle.

Sorry if this sounded like a flame. It's just that this is such a simple issue, and I'm in a bad mood today. Do not take this as a personal attack, an insult of the size of your ears or anything like that. There. That's the official disclaimer of non-flaming. Enjoy.

Originally posted by setsuko

Sorry if this sounded like a flame. It's just that this is such a simple issue, and I'm in a bad mood today. Do not take this as a personal attack, an insult of the size of your ears or anything like that. There. That's the official disclaimer of non-flaming. Enjoy.

y'know...that really hurt setsuko...i'm not happy w/u;) hehe...nice rant...it's always fun sumtimes (yes - i know it contradicts itself, but it makes sense in my mind...& that's what counts)

Archived