Home

The Monthly Fee

Arkum

Will the monthly fee sway your decision to buy SWG: An Empire Divided?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will the monthly fee sway your decision to buy SWG: An Empire Divided?

• I\'m still going to buy it!!
    • I\'m not going to buy it!!
    • It depends on the cost
    • There\'s a monthly fee??!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Wov Shade, wasn't pointing my finger at you. Just that on the official SWG boards I've heard people say they would pay US$53 and see nothing wrong with that. They are just out of touch with the broad community. Probably been isolated for too long in that Silicon Valley. :p

BTW what ever you Americans pay, I pay double because of the currency difference. So it does work out to be a pretty penny. but at least our big Macs are cheaper. AU$3.00 here to your AU$5.00 over you way. :p

:D

Originally posted by FunClown

Sorry Wov Shade, wasn't pointing my finger at you. Just that on the official SWG boards I've heard people say they would pay US$53 and see nothing wrong with that. They are just out of touch with the broad community. Probably been isolated for too long in that Silicon Valley. :p

BTW what ever you Americans pay, I pay double because of the currency difference. So it does work out to be a pretty penny. but at least our big Macs are cheaper. AU$3.00 here to your AU$5.00 over you way. :p

:D

yep, those damn Americans.

Well, all I know is that the fee can’t be more than about 20$ at the most because that want very one to be able to afford the game. If they can get 50,000 at 40 $ (works out to 2,000,000$ total) a month or 150,000 (EQ as an example) at 15$ a month (that works out to 2,250,000 total) then why the heck wouldn’t they keep the price at 15$? They will also make a lot more $$ selling the actual game if the price is lower for the service, not to mention all the expansions that are bound to come.

If that $US then that AU$7.00.

For that price I could get two big macs and perhaps a box of cookies to boot. Honestly, this is how I used to compare currencies. Then they even had this stuff on the news with economists saying this is a great way to measure economies because you can measure the value of the currency as well as the cost of living. I'm not anti-american BTW.

I would say AU$20 would be the most I would pay per month.

O Clown i know u werent pointing that at me so no harm there.

And yea, everything costs so much everywhere else (damn those currency changes...) other than in the US that $10 here WOULD equal about $18 in AUS.(or close to that)

So i mean i payed that crap on EQ for a few months then they jacked the price back up $5 and that REALLY made a lot of ppl mad, so they left EQ.

If LucasArts knows what they;re doin, they wont do that to us :D

A while ago i wanted to play ever quest.... i am 15 and my parents were like what a waste of money and said i couldn't.. I love star wars and will always. I think this game maybe one of teh greatest game every made for the star wars universe but still the FEE! i doubt my parents will let me play cause of the fee what should i tell them to convice them to let me play?

• 2 weeks later...

You don't "level up" in SWGalaxies. There's no such word as "level up" in it's vocabulary.

It will be the same as close combat: You kill someone or something, you gain experience in that particular field, in this case, aiming and the fire rate of the particular weapon type (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy blasters, etc...).

Archived