Home

Mounty rush defense

Ready Wan

Yeah, if it's tech level one or two your only real option is to use laser troopers. They can take out mounties fairly quickly, but can be effectively countered by the trooper supports. If you've managed to get enough time in before the rush, you might consider using a padawan or two, since they can actually be fairly effective as well. Course, it's helpful to have some medics (assuming you're playing a non-droid trooper civ) or defend close to someplace that allows healing... command center or a turret if you've had time to build one.

Kryllith

Nog, that's the trouble with level 2 turrets. If you're the type to build walls, you can use them to slow down the rush. The light walls won't last very long at all, but the mediums can help a bit, especially if you've troopers behind them picking off the mounties. This, of course, requires pulling workers off of resource gathering, but you may need to do that eventually anyway to protect them and get better use of the command center defenses. If you've two turrets nearby (or near the command center), you can also use them to cover each other which can be helpful as well. Of course, this is all dependent on the speed of the rush.

Kryllith

Guest DarthMaulUK

If you check out the strategy section of this website, there's some useful tips from the experts on how to counter rushes from mounties and troopers.

Building a wall early on could be a waste of ore, unless you are in a nice little position where it's easy to block off certain areas.

I find, if I build a turret pretty close to my command centre, this will help me defend any mountie rush. Remember, if you fall under attack - garrision your workers in your Command centre (hit the alarm button) and this will also help support your troopers - dont run out to meet his attack - try and be defensive using your CC and turret as support guns and you will find that his rush will be stopped.

Carbon workers is one of the first things they try and hit. Putting a turret here also helps or putting your carbon workers a good distance away from the main bulk of your work force - or have 2 sets of carbon workers... only a handful near your base with the main carbon work force a distance away.

Hope it helps

DMUK

A good player will have thouroughly scouted your base before attacking though... so will know EXACTLY where your carbon workers are. I'm finding in higher skill level games it's paying to keep your carbon workers close by (if possible) with farms in-between so that you can defend both with a couple turrets and your cc.

Is it just me or are more and more players going to the quick t3 again and moving away from the trooper rush? (in multi-player games) I'm finding those that try to go for a trooper rush end up getting screwed by those that went for the quick t3. (16-18 min. t3) and that strike mech rush is becoming the favored rush now that they've been improved with the cc patch.

If I'm more one to rush in the tech III, though I do it with fighters, not strikes. In tech II, the only hope people have against fighters is AA troopers, and since guided missiles aren't available, the AA drop quickly. After that it's simply a mop up with units that can't be touched...

Kryllith

Guest DarthMaulUK

Rushing with fighters in T3 b4 the CC patch was viable. But now its not worth it. Strike Mechs can do serious damage now. They can kill 1 trooper in just 2 shots and also workers in 2 shots or 3.

Fighters do it about 4 or 5. Strike mechs have been enchanced in the CC patch version.

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...

A proper mounty rush is hard to counter. Just lots of laser troops and a handful of medics and hope for the best. Turrets near command centers or other turrets maximizes their potential. Put two near your carbon so they can run and hide when the enemy comes and deter any future attacks.

Strikes and air are pretty viable in t3. As the rebs, i hit and fade with troopers until i have air support and then move in for the kill. As the empire, same thing except strikes replace air. It all depends on who you are.

Archived